file Abomination & Compel the Spirit

09 Aug 2012 06:30 #34511 by Agamemnon
Okay so I just want to make sure this play is legal;

*note: I don't know how to post a link to cardtext,sorry.

If I have talbot successfully recruit a renegade garou and then use freak drive to untap and then use abomination to burn the garou and create an abomination, can she use freak drive again to untap her and play compel the spirit returning the burned garou to play, all in the same turn?

Hindsight is foresight because we walk in circles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2012 06:36 - 09 Aug 2012 06:38 #34512 by Ankha

Juste copy/paste the card text here. Card texts are available here .

Name: Abomination
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 pool
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-sterile vampire.
Burn a ready untapped werewolf ally you control to put this card in play. It becomes a unique Independent Abomination with 4 capacity, superior Protean [PRO] and +1 strength. Move up to 4 blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. This vampire gets an additional strike each round and an optional maneuver each combat. He may enter combat with a ready minion as a (D) action.

Name: Compel the Spirit
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
+1 stealth action.
[nec] Move an ally or retainer that was burned from play since your last turn from your ash heap to your hand.
[NEC] As above, but move it to your ready region (ignore requirements and cost) with X life from the blood bank, where X is the starting life of the ally or retainer. If it is a retainer, place it on the acting minion.

If I have talbot successfully recruit a renegade garou and then use freak drive to untap and then use abomination to burn the garou and create an abomination, can she use freak drive again to untap her and play compel the spirit returning the burned garou to play, all in the same turn?

The garou was "burned from play since your last turn" so it meets the requirements of Compel the Spirit.

And since recruiting the Garou and playing Compel the Spirit are not the same action, the NRA doesn't prevent her from doing so.

So yes, it's legal.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 06:38 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agamemnon

More
09 Aug 2012 07:03 - 09 Aug 2012 07:05 #34514 by Pascal Bertrand

Juste copy/paste the card text here. Card texts are available here .

Name: Abomination
Cost: 1 pool
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready non-sterile vampire.
Burn a ready untapped werewolf ally you control to put this card in play. It becomes a unique Independent Abomination with 4 capacity, superior Protean [PRO] and +1 strength. Move up to 4 blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. This vampire gets an additional strike each round and an optional maneuver each combat. He may enter combat with a ready minion as a (D) action.

Name: Compel the Spirit
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
+1 stealth action.
[nec] Move an ally or retainer that was burned from play since your last turn from your ash heap to your hand.
[NEC] As above, but move it to your ready region (ignore requirements and cost) with X life from the blood bank, where X is the starting life of the ally or retainer. If it is a retainer, place it on the acting minion.

The garou was "burned from play since your last turn" so it meets the requirements of Compel the Spirit.

And since recruiting the Garou and playing Compel the Spirit are not the same action, the NRA doesn't prevent her from doing so.

So yes, it's legal.

Incorrect.
In the first place, Abomination burns a ready werewolf ally, which the Renegade Garou isn't :

Allies are action cards that become minions in their own right, capable of acting and blocking independently of the minion that recruits them. The recruit ally action has a default +1 stealth.

But if Talbot played Abomination on a Renegade Garou played a turn earlier, the play is legal.

To recruit an ally from your hand, play the card and tap the acting minion. If the action is successful, the ally is placed in your uncontrolled region, even though it is controlled, to indicate that it cannot act this turn (and the cost, if any, is paid). If the action is unsuccessful, the card is burned (see Resolve the Action, sec. 6.2.3). Only one ally card can be recruited per action. Note that allies brought into play by other means are able to act on the same turn, by default.

At the end of the turn, any allies that were placed in your uncontrolled region (to indicate that they cannot act) are moved to your ready region.

However, if Talbot plays Abomination on a Renegade Garou recruited a turn (or more) earlier, the play is legal. "Since your last turn" is equivalent to "since the end of your last discard phase".
Last edit: 09 Aug 2012 07:05 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
09 Aug 2012 07:03 #34515 by Ohlmann

So yes, it's legal.

I believe it's not, because the Garou is not controlled yet (allies going to the uncontrolled region when recruted, IIRC). So you can, but not in one turn. You need to recruit the garou, and do the abomination / compel trick on another turn

More
09 Aug 2012 07:25 #34517 by Ankha
My mistake, I focused on Compel the Spirit, skipping the Abomation "ready" part (see also the many topics about Cry Wolf that should have rung a bell).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Aug 2012 01:24 #34544 by Agamemnon
This has been most helpful.. I guess it's a good thing abomination's unique :whistle:

Hindsight is foresight because we walk in circles

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds