lock Can I play Giant's Blood on an uncontrolled vampire?

25 Aug 2012 09:12 - 27 Aug 2012 04:23 #35336 by mirddes
does not seem to violate card text/rules
Last edit: 27 Aug 2012 04:23 by Ankha.
The topic has been locked.
More
25 Aug 2012 10:23 #35338 by Joscha
Huh?

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade
More
25 Aug 2012 10:27 #35339 by johannes

Huh?

I think he is trying to say that you can play GB on an uncontrolled vampire since card text does not mention "controlled".
More
25 Aug 2012 10:39 #35340 by Damnans

does not seem to violate card text/rules

When posting a rules question, please ask the question in a clearer way.

If your question is if you can play a Giant's Blood on an uncontrolled vampire, the answer is no (see section 1.6.1.4 of the Rulebook):

Targets. If a card is played on another card, or selects or chooses or otherwise targets another card, the target card must be in play (i.e., controlled). Vampires in the torpor region are eligible targets by default, but vampires in the uncontrolled region and contested cards are not.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann
More
25 Aug 2012 22:48 #35349 by mirddes
thank you for responses,

however, this does nto satisfy me as many many many card text specify controlled and/or ready.

GB simply states vampire.

Fill a vampire to full capacity with blood from the blood bank. Only one Giant's Blood can be played in a game.

controlled or not, face down vampire is still vampire.

i like to use as few words as possible, as does GB.

especially when taking into consideration once per game, make me feel designers intended an 11 to be brought from uncontrolled 'just like that'

have a great day, hope you see the light.

rulefags/religifags are not very different. law/lore is interpreted.

i no mean to troll, just speak broken internets/engrish. i think english is designed to be 'too flexible'

im sure we could cite dozens of examples of specifying controlled/uncontrolled/ready; maybe even hundreds.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

and again, i thank everyone for their input.

seems in 2010 someone asked the same question, i can't read their question/answers right now, internet fail, so here we go anyway
www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=giants%20blood%20vtes&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.white-wolf.com%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fg%3Dposts%26t%3D26571&ei=9XA5UNSSDIa5iQffwYGIBA&usg=AFQjCNE7wZEOKcA85zvJkFvkInqnhyyM4g&cad=rja

i like to dissect every word, or lack of; get's on my mum's nerves, and my companion.

ill leave you with GB card text.

Fill a vampire to full capacity with blood from the blood bank. Only one Giant's Blood can be played in a game.
More
25 Aug 2012 22:55 #35350 by mirddes
1.4. The Golden Rule for Cards

Whenever the cards contradict the rules, the cards take precedence.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds