file Taking the skin : minion

12 Sep 2012 08:48 - 12 Sep 2012 08:49 #36552 by Reyda
Is there any options to use the additional bleed action provided by the combat version of Taking the skin : minion during another methuselah's turn ?

Innocuous example, The Ankou with abombwe burns a vampire who just hunted, then plays taking the skin and untaps. Can he bleed now ?

I know it sounds twisted, but the card text clearly says I can bleed *this* turn. Even if does not mention other methuselah, semantically it sounds ok to act the turn Taking the skin is played. Sounds like a nice discovery, but i'll let you crush my dream with funky explanations :)

Taking the Skin: Minion
Action Modifier
Combat

Abombwe

Cancel a frenzy card played on this vampire as it is played.
Skin. Play when this vampire burns a minion. Put this card on this vampire and untap him or her. This vampire may bleed an additional time this turn and gets +1 bleed and +1 stealth when bleeding. Burn this card during your discard phase. A minion can have only one skin.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 08:49 by Reyda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 09:05 #36554 by johannes
Also a (maybe stupid?) question: if I diablerize and then play "taking the skin" I can bleed twice with the minion, each time with +1/+1 right? (provided I have a freak drive or similiar to untap in between)

More
12 Sep 2012 09:07 #36555 by Ohlmann
@Reyda : as I read the card, the card does not explicitely allow you to ignore more restriction than the NRA rule. So you can't use it on another player turn.

@Johanes : I see no reason why you couldn't. (well, I am not a good rule connoisseur, still :p)

More
12 Sep 2012 09:11 #36556 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion

Also a (maybe stupid?) question: if I diablerize and then play "taking the skin" I can bleed twice with the minion, each time with +1/+1 right? (provided I have a freak drive or similiar to untap in between)

That is allowed, yes.

@Reyda : as I read the card, the card does not explicitely allow you to ignore more restriction than the NRA rule. So you can't use it on another player turn.

Ye that seems the logical answer, and the ne I'd give as well, but the card text is kinda ambigious here.

More
12 Sep 2012 09:41 #36559 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion
Hum... according to the card text, you can bleed... freak drive... rush... burn other minion... freak drive... bleed again...

Its quite odd.

More
12 Sep 2012 10:46 #36565 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion
:cheer:

Wait, it just says burn a minion... So you can self destruct your own minions for this! Like, oh, Smash and Grab at :ani: (+1 stealth action. (D) Burn 2 life from an ally or retainer.) on your own Underbridge Stray to get +1 bleed at +1 stealth for two bleed actions?

OMG, I have a puppy mill sacrificial altar deck bubbling in my head now! I just need to throw in Tier of Souls for extra bleed and theme and an excuse to go infernal! :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds