file Taking the skin : minion

12 Sep 2012 10:50 - 12 Sep 2012 10:52 #36566 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion
Smash and grab... hum... why puppy's?

You can use jake for that...
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 10:52 by wesile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 10:57 #36567 by johannes
Yes, I totally diablerized my own vampire last night to be able to bleed twice with +bleed :)

More
12 Sep 2012 11:00 #36568 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion
I just checked and Horseshoes at :pot: and Brick Laying at :POT: work too. Shweet, with Abombwe as a trifle master discipline that means Osebo and Guruhi can join the fun! All those actions become undirected naturally.

Yeah, it works with Jake Washington too. But I found master card slots at a greater premium than minion card slots. But hey, Repo Men! It's like these taking the skin monsters work their way up from puppies to people...

More
12 Sep 2012 11:12 - 12 Sep 2012 11:14 #36570 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Taking the skin : minion

Also a (maybe stupid?) question: if I diablerize and then play "taking the skin" I can bleed twice with the minion, each time with +1/+1 right? (provided I have a freak drive or similiar to untap in between)

No, it's not a stupid question : The card text of taking the skin minion will allow you to bleed twice.
It supercedes the rules.
-and most abombwe players use it this way : Bleed, being blocked, blocker is vaporised, untap with Taking the skin, then bleed again with an additional bleed and stealth. But you can also burn a vampire from your prey in torpor (and play predator's transformation for 2 pool damage), play taking the skin, bleed for 2, freak drive, bleed again for 2.

I often say Abombwe is a totally overlooked discipline. :side:

@Reyda : as I read the card, the card does not explicitely allow you to ignore more restriction than the NRA rule. So you can't use it on another player turn.

Ye that seems the logical answer, and the ne I'd give as well, but the card text is kinda ambigious here.

That's why I'm asking ;) The rule is : card text takes precedence. Taking the skin already allows me to perform an action i'm not supposed to do again. As it is written the text could allow me to do this action even if it's not my turn. maybe it's not just semantics ?

I'm waiting for Floppy's answer.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 11:14 by Reyda.

More
12 Sep 2012 11:16 #36573 by johannes

I often say Abombwe is a totally overlooked discipline. :side:

Not for me! I just overlooked this card for all the time.
Alone +1 capacity for trifle MPA is awesome.

More
12 Sep 2012 11:44 #36574 by Ohlmann

That's why I'm asking ;) The rule is : card text takes precedence. Taking the skin already allows me to perform an action i'm not supposed to do again. As it is written the text could allow me to do this action even if it's not my turn. maybe it's not just semantics ?

The point you deliberaty ignore is that card supersede rule only when they explicitely supersede rules. It's not apparently the case here, since the only rule explicitely stated is the number of time you can bleed per turn. You can bleed the same number of time on your turn than on other people turn, provided you can act at all.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds