question-circle Stealth vs. Intercept

18 Sep 2012 04:57 #37104 by manocik
Hi everybody.

the rule book states: "intercept can be added during an action only when needed"

our situation is: I played +1 stealth, my prey as a reaction plays +2 intercept (enchanted senses superior). does it counts just as +1 intercept, because it exceeds the amount of intercept needed? so when i play another +1 stealth, do I still have bigger stealth than my pray´s intercept or I just equals his 2?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 05:14 #37105 by Pascal Bertrand

Hi everybody.

the rule book states: "intercept can be added during an action only when needed"

our situation is: I played +1 stealth, my prey as a reaction plays +2 intercept (enchanted senses superior). does it counts just as +1 intercept, because it exceeds the amount of intercept needed? so when i play another +1 stealth, do I still have bigger stealth than my pray´s intercept or I just equals his 2?

thanks

+2 intercept grants 2 intercept.
"only wheen needed" means you can't play Enhanced Senses / Precognition if your intercept matches or exceeds the stealth amount (or, of course, if you're not attempting to block).
So, if Arika declares a +1 stealth action, Isabel de Leon can attempt to block and play basic Enhanced Senses (for +1 intercept) or superior Enhanced Senses (for +2 intercept), as her default intercept is 0 (which is less than 1).
If she plays Enhanced Senses at superior, Arika needs 2 additional stealth (1 would only match Isabel's intercept amount, which would have the action blocked, if nothing else is played).
The following user(s) said Thank You: manocik

More
18 Sep 2012 05:15 - 18 Sep 2012 05:16 #37106 by Boris The Blade
As long as you may play the card, you may play it for any amount. In your example, your Enhanced Senses counts for +2, then you cannot play another intercept card until the acting minion has added another 2 or more stealth.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2012 05:16 by Boris The Blade.

More
18 Sep 2012 05:20 #37109 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Stealth vs. Intercept
If it says +2 intercept (and need atleast one) you are forced to recieve it all.

Here is a few other stealth/intercept cards that could be misinterpreted.

Another example. The card Gremlin states:
+1 stealth action. (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
This means the vampire is forced to recieve +1 stealth even though he does not need it because the card states that the action is at +1 stealth.

Another example. The action modifier card Bonding states:
dom: +1 bleed.
DOM: +1 stealth and +1 bleed

If you do not need the stealth you can not use it at superior DOM.

Another example. The reaction card Eagle's Sight states:
aus: +1 intercept.
AUS: This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions.

Even though you do not need the intercept you can play the card at superior because nowhere in the text states that it is an effect that grant intercept. However, you can not play it at inferior if you do not need intercept.

More
18 Sep 2012 05:20 #37110 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealth vs. Intercept
It count as the full +2. Like every intercept source, he can play only because he need at least 1 intercept, but can use the full +2 if need arise.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds