file Player knowledge on the priscus block

28 Feb 2021 18:45 #101737 by Shukran
i just read that rule.
and i didnt understand anything.

can someone explain me in simple words how it works? read as written i believe it misses some sentences before first paragraph in the rulebook . . 

appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2021 18:51 - 28 Feb 2021 18:56 #101738 by Ankha
During a referendum, non-Priscus vampires* can cast votes for or against a referendum.
A vampire with a Priscus title casts a ballot instead for or against a referendum.

When votes are tallied, if there is a majority of ballots for the referendum, the Prisci block (regrouping all the Prisci) is for and 3 votes for are added to the total.
If there is a majority of ballots against the referendum, the Prisci block is against and 3 votes against are added to the total.
If there is a tie amongst the Prisci, the Prisci block abstains.

For instance, if a Prince casts 2 votes for and a Priscus casts 1 ballot against, when results are tied, the Prisci block (worth 3 votes) is against and the referendum fails by 1 vote.

If a Prince casts 2 votes for and a Priscus casts 1 ballot against and another Priscus casts 1 ballot for, then there is a tie between the Prisci (1 against 1) and the Prisci block abtains. The referendum passes by 2 votes.

* in some weird cases, a vampire can cast votes and ballots (eg. if Gratiano gets another title). Both are cast together (eg. Gratiano with a cardinal title both express 3 votes and 1 ballot at the same time).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 28 Feb 2021 18:56 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shukran

More
28 Feb 2021 19:02 #101739 by Shukran
so let me rephrase:

during a referendum

all priscus vampires on table cast a "sub-referendum"(ballot) to vote in favour or against the main referendum.

the priscus "vote" is 3.

so, if i am the only player on table with 1 priscus, i do the "sub referendum" (ballot) alone so my only priscus is worth 3 votes (to reassume a short example) ??

More
28 Feb 2021 20:46 #101740 by Ankha

so let me rephrase:

during a referendum

all priscus vampires on table cast a "sub-referendum"(ballot) to vote in favour or against the main referendum.

the priscus "vote" is 3.

so, if i am the only player on table with 1 priscus, i do the "sub referendum" (ballot) alone so my only priscus is worth 3 votes (to reassume a short example) ??

That's right.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds