file Abusing Leroux

07 Oct 2012 09:34 - 07 Oct 2012 09:35 #38486 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

but no other vampires give +1 bleed to all your vampires,

Annabelle Triabell comes close, but she is a 9-cap and she has to make an action in order to do that. Without her action even she doesn't have +1 bleed. And having seen her in action, I consider her a very powerful vampire.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 09:35 by Kiddo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2012 11:35 - 07 Oct 2012 11:36 #38492 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

If you do a DOM bleeder, bleeding minion.

Else, it may very well be card space in your deck.

Enter Dominate, the new and improved card-efficient oust method. 4 Conditionings enable enough bleed to oust a player. Oh, card efficiency, how I love thee. :)

Leroux is, for three pool, a Palla Grande without time limit. Of course, it has weaknesses to counter that (can be sent to torpor, contested, or blocked/redirected more easily), but nothing else give that much raw power by itself

And once you factor that other, non weenie, vampires can deflect or intercept, but no other vampires give +1 bleed to all your vampires, you understand that Leroux is way better than any cute novelty DOM weenie.

The abilities you're quoting are not conforming with Andre Leroux's card text. He cannot, as per my reading, "give +1 bleed to all your vampires" (the opposite being closer to the truth, actually).

In other word, on pure power level, Leroux is better because no other vampires provide what he give. Beatrix with a conviction is the only one that can compare a bit, and she is usually weaker.

I don't follow. You're saying he is better on the merits of having an inferior but unique ability? Why? Uniqueness has limited correlation to in-game value.

Drain
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 11:36 by Drain.

More
07 Oct 2012 19:14 - 07 Oct 2012 19:14 #38533 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
Beatrice the Imbued is a 3-cap who can bleed for 3 each turn or strike hands for 2 if blocked. Or, can choose to be tad more harder to be stolen than your ordinary ally. Either of your choices can be made by adding one card to your deck, which can be fetched when you influence her out.

Compared to Andre, she's as "terrifying".

Compared to Tupdogs, Enkidu, Beast, CEL/POT, dom/Dragon's Breath, etc. both Beatrice and Andre are as terrifying as my son's diapers.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 19:14 by Jussi.

More
07 Oct 2012 19:29 #38538 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
@Jussi : you mean that Leroux is the most terrifying thing ever ? :p

(anyway, of course Leroux is less powerful than Enkidu. Also, it cost five time less)

Enter Dominate, the new and improved card-efficient oust method. 4 Conditionings enable enough bleed to oust a player. Oh, card efficiency, how I love thee. :)

Oh card jam, how I love thee. You must draw them before you need them, and keep them in hand because you only have 4 of them. It's especially sensible for combat deck because handjam is already a very important problem.

The abilities you're quoting are not conforming with Andre Leroux's card text. He cannot, as per my reading, "give +1 bleed to all your vampires" (the opposite being closer to the truth, actually).

You have n minion.

Without Leroux, you bleed for n.

With Leroux, you bleed for 2n+2. Yes, only Leroux does the damage. Still, it's the equivalent of +1 bleed on every vampire.

I don't follow. You're saying he is better on the merits of having an inferior but unique ability? Why?

You forget that, even if you say it's inferior to :dom:, it's still extremely powerful. And you have no other way to get it on a vampire.

You can play :dom: card with any :dom: vampire. You can't have the Leroux special with any vampire other than Leroux. That's why he is more powerful than any :DOM: weenie for me : he give something I will almost alway find helpful without any other option.

More
07 Oct 2012 20:11 - 07 Oct 2012 20:20 #38539 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Abusing Leroux
Oooh, my baby boy craps flowers :lol:

Having Andre in your deck does not win you games by just being there. In some decks he has lots of impact by hastening ousting process. Relying only on Andre to oust is not good. He's good, very good for a 3-cap, but still only a 3-cap with one inferior discipline.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 20:20 by Jussi.

More
07 Oct 2012 21:00 #38542 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Abusing Leroux

With Leroux, you bleed for 2n+2. Yes, only Leroux does the damage. Still, it's the equivalent of +1 bleed on every vampire.

Nah, not really it's not.

At best it's "+x bleed where x is the number of vampires you control" and that's provided you bleed with all of them and none of them are blocked. Given that André has exactly zero ways to become stealth out of the box, that seems a stretch at best.

And even then, if you have less than 4 minions, which is a reasonable assumption, a Conditioning will do exactly the same thing, at the cost of 1 blood and 3 less actions.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds