file Title Issues

07 Nov 2012 09:37 #40489 by Jyhad
Title Issues was created by Jyhad
Hey y'all. Some players that I'm currently playing with currently don't believe me when I tell them that Specific City Titles Contest across the board. IE. Prince of X and Archbishop of X would contest titles if both were out. But according to this group, the only time contestation occurs is when someone from the same sect tries to take the Title. I've looked for a ruling on this but can't seem to find anything. So, I could use a little assist. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 09:40 #40490 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Title Issues
It's in the rulebook

4.2. Contested Titles

Some titles are unique. For example, there can be only one prince or archbishop of a particular city (see Vampiric Sects, sec. 10). If more than one vampire in play claims the same title, then the title is contested. While the title is being contested, the vampires involved in the contest are treated as if they have no title, but they remain controlled and may act and block as normal.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
07 Nov 2012 09:46 #40492 by Jyhad
Replied by Jyhad on topic Re: Title Issues
Thanks, i couldn't find it previously.

More
07 Nov 2012 09:49 - 07 Nov 2012 09:51 #40493 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Title Issues
Actually, the part you quote is not very clear. It could be understood as only princes contest with princes. You have to go to Section 10 to see the clarification:

10.1. Camarilla

One of the major sects is the Camarilla, which is composed of six clans: Brujah, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere and Ventrue, as well as the Caitiff, who are technically clanless. Some vampire cards from older sets do not have any sect designation -- these vampires are all Camarilla vampires.

Only Camarilla vampires can hold the Camarilla titles primogen, prince, justicar and Inner Circle member. Additionally, each clan's justicar and Inner Circle titles are unique (see Contested Titles, sec. 4.2) and can only be held by vampires of that clan. The title of prince is associated with a particular city and can be contested by another vampire who claims any title to the same city. The title of primogen is not unique and cannot be contested.

(Emphasis mine).

Maybe that sentence would fit better Section 4.2?
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 09:51 by Boris The Blade.

More
07 Nov 2012 12:07 #40508 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Title Issues
Yup, any title associated with a particular city will contest with any other title (be it Prince, Archbishop or Baron) of the same city.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds