file Satyr vs Dual D

18 Nov 2012 10:25 #41160 by Malachy
Satyr vs Dual D was created by Malachy
Heys!

I'm aware that it's a thread that has been descussed earlier, but I didn't find the answer in those WOTs so... :D Pls Pascal, can you clarify whether Shadow Court Satyr is allowed to play cards that require dual disciplines on or not?

Shadow Court Satyr (Changeling)

Changeling with 3 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed.
When the Satyr enters play, you may put a combat card from your hand on him. Once each combat, the Satyr may use the ability of that card as if played from your hand. If the card requires a vampire (e.g., costs blood or requires a Discipline), he may use it as a vampire with the basic level of the Discipline (if any).

If SCS is capable of using dual disc. cards, how does he react with Eye of UH?

Eye of Unforgiving Heaven

Discipline: Auspex & Valeren
[aus][val] Strike: 2R aggravated damage to all vampires, demon allies and demon retainers in combat. If this striking vampire is burned during the resolution of this strike, you gain 2 pool.
[AUS][VAL] As above, but the damage done to this striking vampire is normal, not aggravated.

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2012 10:31 #41161 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Satyr vs Dual D
IIRC, "the discipline" is singular, so only one discipline is emulated. And still IIRC, if the card have an outferior you can use it too.

More
18 Nov 2012 10:37 #41162 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Satyr vs Dual D
Shadow Court Satyr cannot use a card requiring two (or more) disciplines. The discussion (I think it was here) clarifying it was about the "a Discipline" in his text). [LSJ 20021612] .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
18 Nov 2012 10:40 - 18 Nov 2012 10:40 #41163 by Ohlmann
Pascal, I have an additional question.

My satyr court get an Eye of Unforgiving Heaven. He can't play it, because he cannot emulate both discipline.

I then resolve a Bestow Vigor on him. Can he now play the Eye, using his card text for the Auspex and Bestow for the Fortitude ?

And does he take damage from the Eye ? (which was part of Malachy question, I know)
Last edit: 18 Nov 2012 10:40 by Ohlmann.

More
18 Nov 2012 13:55 #41171 by ReverendRevolver
I don't understand the reasoning. He still lacks Valeran , and his text still says singular discipline. it MAY be.legal to have high top brought back with pressing flesh forced March (high top might just say CEL combat) but I know beyond any shadow of a doubt satyr can't play eye of uh , and fortitude doesn't matter.

More
18 Nov 2012 17:24 #41180 by Ohlmann

I don't understand the reasoning. He still lacks Valeran , and his text still says singular discipline.

The reasoning is : he can play the card as if he were a vampire with one level on the required discipline. Let's say it's valeren. He can play card as if he had inferior fortitude, so he have both requirement.

In other word, I don't know whether the ability work only if there is one requirement beside vampire, or if it waive one discipline, and you can't waive the other by the shadow satyr court cardtext.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds