file Primal instincts with sniper rifle

18 Nov 2012 13:56 #41172 by Jannu
For example I use Sniper rifle to set range long as blocking minion. Can i use primal instinct to change my strike after my opponent has chosen his strike? Normaly I would be forced to shhot with my sniper rifle, can i instead play primal instinct and strike something else?

Auspex Strike: dodge.
Auspex Only usable by the acting vampire after the opposing minion has chosen his or her strike. Cancel this acting vampire's strike and choose a new one.

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2012 14:24 #41173 by Izaak
You can play Primal Instinct, sure.

You are then allowed to choose a new strike, but since you are forced to strike with the Sniper Rifle due to using its set range ability, the only new strike you can choose is shooting with the Sniper Rifle.

More
18 Nov 2012 15:36 #41176 by Malachy
As I can see Primal Instincts is only usable by the acting vamp, which seems reasonable considering the fact that acting minions announce their strikes before the blocking minions do. It works with Magnum though :D

NC of Hungary

///

More
18 Nov 2012 16:00 - 18 Nov 2012 16:00 #41177 by Izaak
Oh ye of course, Primal Instinct at AUS can only be played by the acting vampire, as per its card text. Sniper Rifle's special can only be used by blocking minions, so the question is moot.

However, you could run into the same scenario after having maneuvered with a .44 Magnum. The answer, in that case, would be what I wrote.
Last edit: 18 Nov 2012 16:00 by Izaak.

More
18 Nov 2012 20:01 #41190 by Jannu
Yes, of course, but the magnum example is valid and ansvers the question. Thank you.

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
18 Nov 2012 21:28 #41192 by Pascal Bertrand

You can play Primal Instinct, sure.

You are then allowed to choose a new strike, but since you are forced to strike with the Sniper Rifle due to using its set range ability, the only new strike you can choose is shooting with the Sniper Rifle.

Correct.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds