file Drawing out the Beast + Strike:Combat Ends and Sudden Reversal

12 Dec 2012 19:08 #42760 by nekojosh
Hi I'm here once again asking for help as a discussion came up in my group.
One of my friends has been saying that Drawing Out the Beast only lets the opposing vampire to use maneuvers to cancel maneuvers, presses to continue combat, and can't use equipment, and that no other type of card can be used by the vampire during the combat. But I'm sure he is just misreading the card as we are using the old version of the card and the new text reads different. So I want to be sure, can an opposing minion use a combat card to set his strike to Strike: Combat Ends?

My other question is related to the old version of Sudden Reversal.The card states that it can burn a master played by another Methuselah. Does it means it gets to burn a Master already in play?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2012 19:27 #42763 by Ohlmann
Yes, you can play any kind of card under Drawing out the beast, including Strike : combat end. You can even use card to set the range to long.

For the second question, it's no. The current text is the one who should be checked.

More
12 Dec 2012 23:05 - 12 Dec 2012 23:10 #42772 by the1andonlime
I recommend checking the latest card text before anything else.
Neither card has the same text as your physical copies.

Try Secret Library for quick reference.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 12 Dec 2012 23:10 by the1andonlime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
13 Dec 2012 09:51 #42784 by Pascal Bertrand
Quoting cardtext is good.

vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/cardlist.txt

Drawing Out the Beast
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
Only usable before range is determined on the first round. Frenzy.
[ani] During this combat, opposing vampire gets +1 strength, but he or she cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to long range, cannot use presses to end combat and cannot use equipment. A vampire may play only one Drawing Out the Beast each combat.
[ANI] As above, and the opposing vampire takes 1 unpreventable damage during the press step each round.

You can use a maneuver to come back to close range if the opponent played Drawing out the Beast on you. What you can't do is use a maneuver to go to long range.
You can use a press to continue combat if the opponent played Drawing out the Beast on you. What you can't do is use a press to end combat.
You can play Staredown at base (dodge) or superior (strike: combat ends) if the opponent played Drawing out the Beast on you.

Sudden Reversal
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a master card played by another Methuselah as it is played (no cost is paid).

A cancelled card is sent to the ash heap.
The Jyhad version of Sudden Reversal read (you should always read the cardtext at least till the end of the sentence): "Burn a master card played by another Methuselah as that card is played"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds