file Remove Pulled Fangs

25 Jan 2013 20:47 - 25 Jan 2013 20:49 #44422 by Aerchangelus
Hi, good night.

I have some questions about rules that arise this morning in one of our games. These questions are:

A) A blocking vampire, after combat (after a successful block), goes to torpor. Can she/he play a Cat's Guidance to untap in torpor? (The block was successful, but reaction cards can only be played by ready minions unless the card noted otherwise, right?

B) A vampire is send to torpor with zero blood and and a Pulled Fangs on him/her. Can any vampire do the action(s) to remove Pulled Fangs while the vampire with the card is in torpor or she/he must leave torpor before Pulled Fangs' actions can be done?

C) A vampire with an Anathema on her/him with one blood. In combat, 3 damage is done to her/him, so sending her/him to torpor with no blood. The effect of the Anathema is triggered before her/him is send to torpor or the vampire goes to torpor and the Anathema doesn't have effect because she/he is reduced to -2 blood and not to 0 exactly?.

Sorry for my mistakes in English. I didn't write in English long time ago, I hope will be understood.
Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 20:49 by Aerchangelus. Reason: Bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 21:08 #44423 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Remove Pulled Fangs
I am not a rule guru, but I believe I can answer to thoses.

A) A blocking vampire, after combat (after a successful block), goes to torpor. Can she/he play a Cat's Guidance to untap in torpor? (The block was successful, but reaction cards can only be played by ready minions unless the card noted otherwise, right?

You're right.

B) A vampire is send to torpor with zero blood and and a Pulled Fangs on him/her. Can any vampire do the action(s) to remove Pulled Fangs while the vampire with the card is in torpor or she/he must leave torpor before Pulled Fangs' actions can be done?

Nothing prevent pulled fang removal while the vampire is in torpor. The torporized vampire is not acting, and the action don't target him but a card on him.

C) A vampire with an Anathema on her/him with one blood. In combat, 3 damage is done to her/him, so sending her/him to torpor with no blood. The effect of the Anathema is triggered before her/him is send to torpor or the vampire goes to torpor and the Anathema doesn't have effect because she/he is reduced to -2 blood and not to 0 exactly?.

He will burn. Vampire cannot go under 0 blood in any circumstance ; in fact, he go in torpor because he should burn blood and cannot, since he don't have any.

More
25 Jan 2013 21:26 - 25 Jan 2013 21:27 #44424 by Aerchangelus
Thank you for the fast answers.
But there is a question that is not clear, with the question about Anathema, i want to say that the vampire goes to torpor, that is right, because he has no blood to heal damage and he is send to torpor. But hte Anathema triggers, or he is sended to torpor with 0 blood and the anathema on her/him?.
Thank you
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 21:27 by Aerchangelus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
25 Jan 2013 21:33 #44426 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Remove Pulled Fangs
no.
anathema triggers when he hits zero, he burrns and does not go to torpor

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
25 Jan 2013 21:50 #44429 by Juggernaut1981
RE: Anathema.

If at ANY point during the combat, the minion goes down to zero blood the Anathema burns the vampire. It could be done by Blood to Water and even when they declare a strike that costs them their last blood (which I have seen happen).

Notice that if the minion STARTS the combat with zero blood, then Anathema does NOT burn the vampire.

Anathema
Type: Political Action
Requires: prince,justicar
Requires a prince or justicar.
Choose a ready vampire. If the referendum is successful, put this card on that vampire. If the vampire with this card is reduced to zero blood in combat, he or she is burned, and the Methuselah controlling the opposing minion gains pool equal to the burned vampire's capacity.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
28 Jan 2013 06:44 #44501 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Remove Pulled Fangs
Slightly related to Cat's guidance. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've been taught to interpret a tricky situation as such.

It is not possible to play Cat's Guidance if blocking minion burn acting minion in combat. If there is no acting minion then there is no action to play reaction cards during.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds