file 3rd Ed, Starter kit

12 Feb 2013 23:21 #45242 by Darius
3rd Ed, Starter kit was created by Darius
There's a 3rd edition starter kit going online and I was wondering if this was current enough to know the current rules of the game. Were the rules changed since then? And if so, how much did they changed?

"Really, darling, you must not squirm so. It spoils the overall effect."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 01:12 - 13 Feb 2013 01:18 #45244 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: 3rd Ed, Starter kit

Were the rules changed since then? And if so, how much did they changed?

Third Edition was released in 2006.
There were 6 sets released after that.
There have been 4 Rules Team Ruling Collections since then, and one of them had no changes (9/9/9).

The most recent rulebook is available on this site.

There wasn't anything particularly sweeping in any of the changes since 2006, but there have been some. None of the big important rules have changed between now and then, so you would be safe learning from that kit, but I wouldn't pay overly much for it, it has 4 cards with unique art, a DVD, and some counters, and half a starter deck for each of the Third Edition clans. If it was my money, I'd buy a Third Edition Starter Display instead, if I found their prices were comparable.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 01:18 by Adonai. Reason: grammar

More
13 Feb 2013 04:29 #45250 by brandonsantacruz
Nice signature, Darius.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
13 Feb 2013 17:43 #45270 by Gnerphk
Replied by Gnerphk on topic Re: 3rd Ed, Starter kit
I agree with TheLasombra on this one, but if you want one anyway, I've got some I'm selling at list price plus shipping (and some other stuff too). Send me a message if you're interested.

The main benefit of the Player's Kit, aside from the mass of pool counters, is that each partial deck comes with a ton of decent commons, uncommons, and fixed cards. We had one of our players put two together and sweep tables with three of the four resulting decks (though she did add two Blood Dolls on average).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds