file Does Catatonic Fear + Target Vitals work?

19 Mar 2013 10:10 #46159 by Shockwave
I don't think I agree Ankha; You can, for example, Dodge both of these 'Strikes' even as they Combat Ends. You don't Dodge environmental, you can Dodge Loving Agony, I believe.

Combat still ends, the LA Vampire may still untap, but the opposing minion can Dodge the damage as their Strike.

(I think this is the only place this applies, Dawn Op would make it aggravated whether it's environmental or not, you can't Disarm from either card, and you can't prevent either anyway, so whether it's environment or not might be moot after that point.)

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 12:45 #46163 by Ohlmann

You don't Dodge environmental.

You're sure ? You don't dodge Carrion, but it's not because they are environnemental, it's because it's not a strike. I don't see any mention in the rule that let believe environnemental damage have any influence on dodge either.

More
19 Mar 2013 13:10 #46165 by Pascal Bertrand
I think we can afford a new topic in the Rules section for things that are not related to "Catatonic Fear + Target vitals"

More
19 Mar 2013 19:46 #46174 by Juggernaut1981

I don't think I agree Ankha; You can, for example, Dodge both of these 'Strikes' even as they Combat Ends. You don't Dodge environmental, you can Dodge Loving Agony, I believe.

Combat still ends, the LA Vampire may still untap, but the opposing minion can Dodge the damage as their Strike.

(I think this is the only place this applies, Dawn Op would make it aggravated whether it's environmental or not, you can't Disarm from either card, and you can't prevent either anyway, so whether it's environment or not might be moot after that point.)

Actually, I would suggest that the only reason why you can't Disarm after Catatonic Fear is purely because the combat is over (and you can't play Disarm) and not because of the requirements of Disarm (beyond the fact it is a combat card).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Mar 2013 05:22 #46179 by edminister
Link is redirected to the new Google groups page.

More
20 Mar 2013 07:01 #46180 by Pascal Bertrand

Link is redirected to the new Google groups page.

Which link? The one Reyda provided, or the mine afterwards?
They both point to the same page, but the phpbb module on the forum "ends" the link at the # character in Reyda's post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds