file Can i play taste of vitae after "combat ends" strike?

31 Mar 2013 11:33 - 02 Apr 2013 07:48 #46431 by Pascal Bertrand

Hi Again!

1) Taste of vitae sais at "end of round of combat"
2) If i play a "combat ends" card, but yet still made some damage, can i taste the blood back?

Yes. Whenever an effect ends combat, there are still windows in which to play effects. Refer to the Complete Rules Reference on this site.

First, look to VI.C.2.a.i. It says, "Strike: Combat Ends. [6.4.5] (go to step E).:

Step E is Round Ends. This is the step during which you play Taste of Vitae according to the text of Taste of Vitae.

Correct.
Here's is a valid sequence:

Enkidu is blocked.
Enkidu plays Torn Signpost.
No maneuvers.
Enkdiu declares a handstrike for 5, opponent declares a handstrike for 1. There is no prevention.
Enkidu plays sup' Pursuit and gets an additional strike
Enkidu's additional strike is Form of Mist (superior).
Combat (and round) end, Enkidu can play Disarm. Enkidu can play Taste of Vitae. Ekidu can play Decapitate (if opponent is going to torpor due to Disarm). Enkidu could play Psyche!. EDIT: However, playing Psyche! would drop FoM's possibility of continuing the action
Then, after combat has ended, Enkidu can burn blood to continue the action.

A related question - can you taste the damage from Catatonic Fear?

:pre: Strike: combat ends.
:PRE: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Also, an additional thing for the original poster - you can play Taste of Vitae even if you did no damage, you just gain 0 blood. Useful if you need to cycle cards.

You can play taste of vitae (if the opposing minion is a vampire), after a catatonic fear but gain no blood from the damage done by CF.
You can play taste of vitae, even if you deal no damage at all, unless the opposing minion is an ally.

Correct.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 07:48 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2013 07:35 #46460 by AriusZet
Thank you Monsieur Bertrand!

i didn't even thought about this, but this psyche trick makes it even more evil!
i secure my action to continue with form of mist, then play psyche, torporize the blocking minion, THEN continue the action.

More
02 Apr 2013 07:42 - 02 Apr 2013 07:46 #46461 by Pascal Bertrand

Thank you Monsieur Bertrand!

i didn't even thought about this, but this psyche trick makes it even more evil!
i secure my action to continue with form of mist, then play psyche, torporize the blocking minion, THEN continue the action.

That wouldn't work.
Any effect that generates a new combat (Psyche!, Fast Reaction, Hidden Lurker, Blissful Agony, Pocket Out of Time, and perhaps one or two I don't think of right now) or continues an about-to-end combat (Telepathic Tracking) drops any "after combat, do X" effects from the strike.

[LSJ 19980109] (from the General Rulings page) or [RTR 19950509] from the P-to-Z ruligns page
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 07:46 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
02 Apr 2013 11:15 #46464 by AriusZet

That wouldn't work.
Any effect that generates a new combat (Psyche!, Fast Reaction, Hidden Lurker, Blissful Agony, Pocket Out of Time, and perhaps one or two I don't think of right now) or continues an about-to-end combat (Telepathic Tracking) drops any "after combat, do X" effects from the strike.

[LSJ 19980109] (from the General Rulings page) or [RTR 19950509] from the P-to-Z ruligns page

Thank you for editing, now it's clear. As with rotschrek, catatonic fear

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds