file "or" phrases (e.g. Society of Leopold, Blade Clot)

22 Jul 2013 10:53 #52010 by Hakuron
Thanks for your feedback, folks! B-)

Still, I do not understand, WHY there is a difference in "handling" between "Society of Leopold" and "Blade Clot".

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2013 11:01 #52011 by Ohlmann
Because you must have a blood to be able to burn it, while you can send to torpor something which is in torpor. In essence, both work the same way, but you can alway send the vampire in torpor, while you may be unable to burn blood on him.

MtG have the same thing where you can tap a tapped permanent, while you cannot sacrifice a card who is have been sacrificied before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
22 Jul 2013 12:19 #52020 by jamesatzephyr

Thanks for your feedback, folks! B-)

Still, I do not understand, WHY there is a difference in "handling" between "Society of Leopold" and "Blade Clot".

Burn a blood. Do you have one fewer blood? No? Then you didn't burn a blood. Do the other thing.

Go to torpor. Are you in torpor? Yes? That's okay then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
23 Jul 2013 15:28 - 23 Jul 2013 15:30 #52094 by Hakuron
Thanks again!

I do understand the "technical" difference in ruling between the two cards, but, still, I am not "happy" with the wording of "Blade Clot" ...

Blade Clot

Requires an anarch.
Only usable when this anarch diablerizes a vampire with capacity 7 or more. Put this card in play with 3 clot counters. When an anarch you control inflicts hand or melee weapon damage, you may move a clot counter from this card to the opposing minion. A minion with a clot counter goes to torpor or is burned during his or her untap phase. If an older vampire rescues the vampire, burn the clot counter.

Why should there be an "or is burned during his or her untap phase" if it is not going to happen?
(Plus, why is there no "controller's choice"?)

EDIT: Ah, now: "Blade Clot" burns allies and (only) torporises vampires! Took some time to get that ... :whistle:

:tore:

Last edit: 23 Jul 2013 15:30 by Hakuron.

More
23 Jul 2013 15:54 #52096 by Ohlmann
I didn't get it the first time either.

The other technicality is that you can burn the clotted vampire if you want ; it can be useful if you can influence another copy quickly, or if you have a soul gem of etrius, or some other shenanigans.

More
23 Jul 2013 16:34 #52098 by Hakuron
Am I really "allowed" to voluntarily burn a clotted vampire?
Unlike "Society of Leopold", "Blade Clot" misses the addition "controller's choice" ... :unsure:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds