file canceled combat cards

14 Oct 2013 23:09 - 21 Oct 2013 14:03 #55311 by thrasher80
the situation i'm referring to is immortal grapple and disengage. the acting minion playing immortal grapple and the blocking minion playing disengage to cancel the grapple. does immortal grapple still count as being played? and thus the acting minion cant respond by playing another copy of immortal grapple?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 14:03 by thrasher80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2013 03:27 #55316 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: canceled modifiers
Yes the acting minion cant play another IG, same situation with DI and charismatic aura

More
15 Oct 2013 04:37 #55318 by Juggernaut1981
1) A card that has not been played cannot be canceled.
2) New cards can check the status of old cards (i.e. Has card X been played?)
3) Cancelling a card negates the text of that card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Oct 2013 19:25 #55352 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: canceled modifiers
First, to pick a nit: Immortal Grapple and Disengage are both Combat cards, and not Action Modifier cards. Minions are explicitly prohibited from playing more than one of a particular Action Modifier or Reaction.

Unless I am missing it, I do not see anything in the combat section of the rulebook that says a minion cannot play more than one of the same combat card during combat.

More
15 Oct 2013 19:31 #55353 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: canceled modifiers
Normally, you can play another copy of a combat card after one is canceled. However:

Strikes that are not hand strikes may not be used this round (by either combatant). A vampire may play only one Immortal Grapple each round.

The first IG is played, and canceled. The IG in your hand explicitly forbids you from playing it.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, D-dennis, thrasher80

More
22 Oct 2013 09:03 #55572 by Pascal Bertrand

First, to pick a nit: Immortal Grapple and Disengage are both Combat cards, and not Action Modifier cards. Minions are explicitly prohibited from playing more than one of a particular Action Modifier or Reaction.

Unless I am missing it, I do not see anything in the combat section of the rulebook that says a minion cannot play more than one of the same combat card during combat.

Well, there's this:

1.4. The Golden Rule for Cards

Whenever the cards contradict the rules, the cards take precedence.

As explained by Dorrinal and Juggernaut1981, the second Immortal Grapple would "see" that there was another IG played earlier this round (or, to be more precise, the game state at this point is that it would be the second Immortal Grapple that is played this round). This barrs it from being played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thrasher80

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds