file Clarification on Stealth Ritus

08 Jan 2014 15:09 - 08 Jan 2014 15:10 #58363 by alzabo
Stealth Ritus
Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Requires a ready Sabbat vampire. Only usable as the action is announced.
Choose another ready Sabbat vampire you control. The chosen vampire burns 1 blood, or this card has no effect. This action gets +1 stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.

Couple questions regarding paying the cost and the "chosen vampire burns 1 blood". First, is the cost (1 blood) separate from the burnt 1 blood on the chosen vampire? Second, is the cost paid and the blood burnt (if it's separate) done only if the action being modified is successful? Finally, is the cost of the original action (if it has a cost) paid before or after the cost for this card?
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 15:10 by alzabo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 15:25 #58365 by alzabo
One more question on playing action modifiers in general: At what point to I replace the played cards in my hand? For example if I play an action, and then immediately play an action modifier, do I replace the action card before or after playing the action modifier?

More
08 Jan 2014 15:26 #58366 by alzabo
Disregard my 2nd post

More
08 Jan 2014 15:41 #58368 by ReverendRevolver
All modifiers are paid for as played. Sucess or failure of action is never relevant to modifiers. If you get blocled, bounced, dtd, or burned before the completion of the action, the cost of a modifier is still paid.
Same with reactions.
Now, an actions cost is only paid if its not blocked/sucessful. Note, with bleeds, the action suceeds if its unblocked, but the bleed only is sucessful if its for one or more. So, if you stealth ritus a night moves and i, as your prey, play keep it simple, the action suceeded, so you could freak drive at inferior, play instantaneous transformation, etc, but you get no edge, dont trigger capitalist, etc.

The cards cost is seperate from the burning of blood by another vamp. The blood cost of some cards can be lessedned by cards like ankara citadel or paths, but "burn a blood" isnt a "cost" as referred to on these cards, so cant be avoided, even by things like Dragos. Dragos pays 0for fractura or hidden strength target value of 400,347,692, but still must burn a blood for superior rolling with the punches.

So, both costs of stealth ritus, the cost and the,chump burning a blood, are simultaneous, and paid regardless,of action sucess. Cost of action is paid on resolution though, so your govern or inferior mimd rape bleex is paid after blocks are declined or fail, and if you no lomger can pay for the action, it fizzles/doesnt happen.

Your ignored question:unlesa,it says otherwise, such as with into thin air, mirror walk, or wake with evenings freshness, replace any card as its played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzabo

More
08 Jan 2014 17:48 #58370 by jamesatzephyr

Cost of action is paid on resolution though, so your govern or inferior mimd rape bleex is paid after blocks are declined or fail, and if you no lomger can pay for the action, it fizzles/doesnt happen.

But note that you must pay as much of the cost as you can, and it then fizzles anyway. So if you're taking an action that costs 2 blood and somehow drop to 1 blood along the way, you reach resolution unblocked (action successful), pay the 1 blood that you can towards the cost, and then the action fizzles.

www.vekn.net/complete-rules-reference
II.C.1.c - If the action succeeds but the cost cannot be paid, whatever portion of the cost that can be paid is paid and the action "fizzles" (has no effect) instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzabo

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds