file Shakar : the Hunt & Provision of the Silsila

30 Mar 2014 12:44 #60444 by Charos
Hi!

Question about these cards.

1 : I have black hand assamite in game, and play shakar the hunt, does provision of silsila work if i torpor vampire chosen for shakar, as provision talks about naming not chosen for contract.
2. do i have time to play provision when opposing vampire leaves the play. As provision says : only usable if the opposing minion is not ready. And shakar says burn this card when minion leaves the ready region. So are both played in same phase, and i can choose card played first or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2014 14:19 - 30 Mar 2014 14:23 #60447 by extrala
To get an answer quickly, it always helps to quote the card texts:

Name: Shakar: the Hunt
[DM:C]
Cardtype: Master
Master: contract. Trifle. Unique. Requires a Black Hand vampire.
Put this card on a ready minion. Every Black Hand vampire is considered chosen for this contract. Any Black Hand vampire can enter combat with this minon as a +1 stealth (D) action. Burn this card when this minion leaves the ready region.
Artist: Javier Santos

Name: Provision of the Silsila
[FN:R2, LotN:PA]
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Reaction
Clan: Assamite
Usable by a tapped vampire.
Only usable after a combat involving this Assamite and a minion with a contract naming this Assamite. Only usable if the opposing minion is not ready and this Assamite is ready. This Assamite gains enough blood from the blood bank to reach full capacity, and the contract is burned if still in play.
Artist: Mike Danza

I'd say yes. Provision can be played. During the combat (as Provision states) there was contract in place, and now the opposing the minion is no longer ready. But I am not Floppy.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2014 14:23 by extrala.

More
30 Mar 2014 14:26 - 30 Mar 2014 14:27 #60448 by TorranceCircle
I think the answer is yes to both questions. I think naming and chosen mean the same thing. the being ready thing and burning the card, I think you can play both effects at the same time.

Shakar: the Hunt

Master: contract. Trifle. Unique. Requires a Black Hand vampire.
Put this card on a ready minion. Every Black Hand vampire is considered chosen for this contract. Any Black Hand vampire can enter combat with this minon as a +1 stealth (D) action. Burn this card when this minion leaves the ready region.

Provision of the Silsila

[Action Modifier] Action Modifier
[Reaction] Reaction
[Assamite] Assamite
Usable by a tapped vampire.
Only usable after a combat involving this Assamite and a minion with a contract naming this Assamite. Only usable if the opposing minion is not ready and this Assamite is ready. This Assamite gains enough blood from the blood bank to reach full capacity, and the contract is burned if still in play.

edit: Extrala replied before I could.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2014 14:27 by TorranceCircle.

More
31 Mar 2014 02:44 - 31 Mar 2014 02:46 #60452 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
I'm not so sure - for 2 reasons. The issue isn't "naming" vs "chosen" which works just fine. It's card text on Shakar and combat timing.

First (nitpicky). Being "considered chosed" opposed to "chosen."

The presence of that word on both Shakar: the Hunt and Haqim's Law: Judgement suggests that all minions aren't actually chosen, or the card would be more simply worded with "are chosen for."

So your Assamite might not be able to play cards that require being named/chosen. It's kinda like "as is he had the discipline required" on Inceptor isn't really having the discipline.

Second (pretty sure this keeps you from playing PotS).

As soon as the minion opposing your Assamite goes to torpor, the Shakar: the Hunt burns ("when" in card text). From there combat proceeds to end of round, then end of combat.

AFTER combat, you try to play the PotS as an action modifier/reaction....but the requisite contract is no longer available on the opposing minion (having burned IN combat) - so the play is invalid.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 02:46 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.

More
31 Mar 2014 02:50 - 31 Mar 2014 02:50 #60453 by Pendargon

I'm not so sure - for 2 reasons. The issue isn't "naming" vs "chosen" which works just fine. It's card text on Shakar and combat timing.

First (nitpicky). Being "considered chosed" opposed to "chosen."

The presence of that word on both Shakar: the Hunt and Haqim's Law: Judgement suggests that all minions aren't actually chosen, or the card would be more simply worded with "are chosen for."

So your Assamite might not be able to play cards that require being named/chosen. It's kinda like "as is he had the discipline required" on Inceptor isn't really having the discipline.

Second (pretty sure this keeps you from playing PotS).

As soon as the minion opposing your Assamite goes to torpor, the Shakar: the Hunt burns ("when" in card text). From there combat proceeds to end of round, then end of combat.

AFTER combat, you try to play the PotS as an action modifier/reaction....but the requisite contract is no longer available on the opposing minion (having burned IN combat) - so the play is invalid.

This Assamite gains enough blood from the blood bank to reach full capacity, and the contract IS BURNED IF STILL IN PLAY.

So burning shakar:the hunt earlier is not an issue. However chosen vs named thing, i am not so sure.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 02:50 by Pendargon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TryDeflectingThisGrapple

More
31 Mar 2014 02:59 - 31 Mar 2014 03:00 #60455 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

This Assamite gains enough blood from the blood bank to reach full capacity, and the contract IS BURNED IF STILL IN PLAY.

Aha. Found this supporting Pendargon's point.

groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/provision$20burned/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/h6qIVJTFw6g/aCYjUS1syaQJ

I retract that timing issue, since there is a ruling supporting "OK to play if contract is gone" and since I clearly can't read for crap :)
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 03:00 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand, TorranceCircle

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds