file Diabolic Lure + Shilmulo Deception

31 Mar 2014 17:56 - 31 Mar 2014 17:59 #60467 by djiik
Hello there,

I'm quite a big fan of Diabolic Lure, has already ousted a couple of unsuspecting players with the card, and I have been thinking on how I could speed up playing them out.

So let's assume I play with:

Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool
Tremere antitribu
Advanced
Group: 4
Capacity: 7
Discipline: nec pre AUS DAI DOM THA
Advanced, Sabbat. Red List: If Valerius attempts to block, the acting minion cannot play action modifier or combat cards that require Chimerstry [chi] or Obfuscate [obf]. Infernal.

AND

Petaniqua
Baali
Advanced
Group: 4
Capacity: 9
Discipline: chi AUS DAI DEM OBF THA
Advanced, Independent. Red List: Once each combat, Petaniqua may burn a blood to gain a press. Petaniqua may recruit a werewolf ally as if she meets the requirements of playing that card. +1 strength. Infernal.

out on the table. For fun. And else.

Valerius blocks something have tried to be done by a NON-infernal vampire. He usually does. Immediately after he blocks he plays:

Diabolic Lure
Reaction
Daimoinon/Auspex
[aus] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[dai] Requires an infernal vampire. Only usable when this vampire successfully blocks. Put 4 pact counters on the acting minion. If the number of pact counters equals or exceeds his or her capacity or cost, burn them to make him or her infernal.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and the acting minion's controller burns 1 pool.

on superior Daimonion. Right in this second Petaniqua /Advanced/ plays:

Shilmulo Deception
Reaction
Chimerstry
[chi] Only usable when a minion you control successfully blocks (play before combat). Not usable if the blocking minion played any reaction cards that this vampire could not play. Do not tap the blocking minion; tap this reacting vampire instead. Now this vampire is the blocking vampire (and combat begins as normal).
[CHI] As above, and this vampire gets an optional maneuver during the first round of the resulting combat.

as to protect the dear little FOOL. Thus jumping into the combat.

The question is:

Can I play a SECOND Diabolic Lure, this time with Petaniqua, on the same vampire before anything might happen in the combat, making to lose 2 pool for one blocked minion? Not to mention the 8 pact counters...

Thanks for the answers.

djiik

Give a Priscus to the Panders!
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 17:59 by djiik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2014 22:01 - 31 Mar 2014 22:05 #60470 by ReverendRevolver
Answer looks to be in text.

Only usable when this vampire sucessfully blocks.

So, unless they form of mist and get blocked again by second vamp, no.

Also, base Petaniqua is normally better here. Bleed trups strength bonus, and you can always run epiphany and one of the advanced.

But one of each reaction can be played per action per vamp, and both cant block at once. Even "tactics" cards uze sums, not actual combi blocking.

So, by this blocking vampire and "this is now" the blocking minion are the keys.

Edit: ive been wrong though, and usually reaction cards dont have mask of a tbousand faces style issues.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 22:05 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djiik

More
01 Apr 2014 02:18 #60471 by a-e
If you just want to play more than one Diabolic Lure in one action, why not use Peacemaker? Though it has to be (D) action, but you only need pre DAI to play them and I think there are few vamps with that discipline combo...

Name: Peacemaker
[LoB:C]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Obeah Presence
Only usable by a vampire who successfully blocks a (D) action directed at you (play before combat).
 Cancel combat. The action continues as if unblocked. For the remainder of this action, all minions get -1 bleed and -1 strength.
[obe] As
 above, and untap this blocking vampire at the end of the action.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but all minions get -2 bleed and -2 strength and cannot use weapons.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
01 Apr 2014 10:52 #60485 by jamesatzephyr

Can I play a SECOND Diabolic Lure, this time with Petaniqua, on the same vampire before anything might happen in the combat, making to lose 2 pool for one blocked minion? Not to mention the 8 pact counters..

Precedent points to yes if you can still play reaction cards, because Shilmulo Deception taps you.

[LSJ 20050304]

> Let's say that Dedefra successfully blocks an action. She plays
> Revelation of Despair to put a corruption counter on the acting minion
> and then Petru Sipos plays Shilmulo Deception to become the blocking
> minion. Can Petru also play a Revelation of Despair?
>
> The problem is that Shilmulo taps the new blocking vampire, so I'm
> guessing that Petru cannot do so unless he plays a Wake, since
> Revelation of Despair doesn't make any provisions for being played by a
> tapped vamp. Is that correct?

Correct.

Card text:
Only usable when this vampire successfully blocks one of your predator's minions (play before combat, if any).
[ser] The acting minion burns 1 blood or life.
[SER] Put a corruption counter on the acting minion. If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds his or her capacity or cost, you may burn those counters to gain control of him or her.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds