file Kaymakli Fragment

27 Jul 2011 23:06 #6962 by technobabble66
Replied by technobabble66 on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
So am i correct in interpreting this to mean there's a difference in how NRA is applied depending on whether the card in "played" (ie: played straight into the ash heap) or "in play" (ie: stays in the play region)?

ie: Say i have only 1 vamp out, minion X:
A *played* action card (that has multiple action options) - eg: Govern - can only have one action performed per turn by minion X

A card *in play* (that has multiple action options) - eg: Kaymakli frag - can have it's first action performed by minion X, then that same minion (if it untaps) can perform the second action option in the same turn

Sorry for being a bit pedantic, but this is v different to how i thought it worked (ie: NRA same for everything), so i just wanted to be absolutely clear on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2011 01:34 #6965 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
Multiple Actions from an IN PLAY card are considered to NOT be repeated actions IF the action taken is a separate action on the card IN PLAY.

A card played from the hand has only ONE possible action (e.g. GtU as a Bleed OR GtU Down) since it is NOT in play there are no other possible actions and further uses of that named card are prohibited by the NRA rule.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, 2wayspeaker

More
28 Jul 2011 05:47 - 28 Jul 2011 05:47 #6979 by Pascal Bertrand

So am i correct in interpreting this to mean there's a difference in how NRA is applied depending on whether the card in "played" (ie: played straight into the ash heap) or "in play" (ie: stays in the play region)?

Yes. Which means the little line in the rulebook needs a slight update.

ie: Say i have only 1 vamp out, minion X:
A *played* action card (that has multiple action options) - eg: Govern - can only have one action performed per turn by minion X

A card *in play* (that has multiple action options) - eg: Kaymakli frag - can have it's first action performed by minion X, then that same minion (if it untaps) can perform the second action option in the same turn

Both are correct.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2011 05:47 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
01 Aug 2011 16:27 - 01 Aug 2011 16:28 #7168 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
I sincerely believe that the rulebook needs to be adhered to in this case. LSJ's arbitrary decisions do not need to be upheld on every account, especially when contradicting the written, and widely distributed, rules. This is solely on you as the new Rules Director, of course, but then you should actually make that 'little line' change in some official rules printing.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2011 16:28 by Robert Scythe.

More
02 Aug 2011 00:26 - 02 Aug 2011 00:29 #7205 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
There are so many things that aren't in the "widely distributed" rules that it doesn't strike me as a big deal.

I also wonder why, all of a sudden, people are "against" LSJ's rulings, and want them overturned. It's nonsensical.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 02 Aug 2011 00:29 by KevinM.

More
02 Aug 2011 05:25 #7207 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Kamakli Fragment
I'd say that it is way easiest to adhere to LSJ's rulings than to start revising some of them.

Ye firste rulese art in ye rulebooke.
Ye seconde rulese art in ye cards but overriding ye rulebooke.
Ye thirde rulese art in ye rulings of ye venerable LSJ.
Ye fourthe rulese art in ye rulings of ye new rulemongere, Pascal.
Ye fifthe rule is that all ye othere interpretation of ye rulese art likely to be heretical.

Although, having said that I'd still be happy if you'd actually couldn't use Villein on vamps with less than 2 blood... But you really can't have everything and if I could I'd have a pony!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds