file Secure Haven

21 Oct 2015 19:17 #73801 by Szewski
Secure Haven was created by Szewski
Hi, here's the situation:
We have contested secure havens on 2 vampires. One of them (A) goes to torpor.
Then contest on (B) is yield. My questions:
1.When the first secure is back on (A) vampire and he's still in torpor, do the secure burns?

2. If the secure stays can I rescue this vampire? D action are still forbidden...

THX :)

Regards
Szewski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2015 19:26 #73802 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Secure Haven

Hi, here's the situation:
We have contested secure havens on 2 vampires. One of them (A) goes to torpor.
Then contest on (B) is yield. My questions:
1.When the first secure is back on (A) vampire and he's still in torpor, do the secure burns?

If the secure stays can I rescue this vampire? D action are still forbidden...

Being in torpor doesn't burn the Secure Haven, it's the act of going to torpor that does so.

www.vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-p-to-z
If it is contested, it will not be burned when the target (vampire) goes to torpor, nor will it be burned if it becomes re-controlled while the target vampire is still in torpor. [RTR 19960124]

In fact, you can play it on a minion in torpor if you want.

If the secure stays can I rescue this vampire? D action are still forbidden...

The current card text makes it clearer that it's only other Methuselah's actions that are forbidden.
Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be the target of other Methuselahs' actions. Any Methuselah burns an additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have only one haven.

However, that's not a difference from a prohibition on (D) actions. Actions you take against yourself aren't directed actions e.g. rescuing your own vampire isn't a (D) action, diablerising your own vampire isn't a (D) action, playing Arson to burn your own location isn't a (D) action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Szewski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds