lock To be or not to be a discipline (Striga)

19 Nov 2015 13:06 #74428 by ReverendRevolver

Only when that card is in playhoel

i really wish they'd inverted the colors and just made a new class of thingy called non-discipline skills. That way Flight could be folded into that and be given a superior, and we wouldn't have the confusion that we do now.

Animalism already has inverted colors. :ani: :ANI:

Flight is not in need of a superior unless we make gargoyle suck alot less, regardless of how it worked for vtm.

Striga and mal shouldve been handled differently than they were. Im feeling orun/aye need reworked more than those though.
The topic has been locked.
More
19 Nov 2015 13:46 #74430 by Jesper

You're at odd with logic, aren't you?

Dont know. Right now Im trying to find answeres on questions that some players have been talked about for years and couldet get to a conclusion on

According the rules ”In many cases, a minion card will have a Discipline symbol, a clan symbol and/or a blood cost; in these cases, the card can only be played by a vampire who meets the requirements.”

Yes, in many cases. Not always.

Where dose it says that there can be anything else?

The symbol to the left on e.g. Strix looks like a discipline,

Like Canada Dry. It looks like a discipline (a bad design choice maybe), but it's not (cardtext).

Where in the card text on SUP strix dose it say so?

and since there only can be discipline, clan or cost in the left column

Where the hell did you read that?

In the rule quated above.

The topic also has been discussed here:

www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/31773-strigamaleficia#31773

There's no need to recreate a topic.

I know of the thread. But reading it I cant find the answere anywhere why a vampire in the above eksample can not use Strix on SUP. There is nothing that say that the symbol on the edge is not a disciplin.

Unless you belive that every text on infirior of a card also apply to the SUP of a card

/Jesper
More
19 Nov 2015 13:50 #74431 by Jesper

Maleficia and Striga are disciplines, as per the rules:

Could you please point me in the direction of the rule in the rule book where it states that information on "random" pages regarding libary cards are to be considered as rules?

Iv looked and looked and cant find it anywhere.

I really dont see why there is a big issue in, at least, make it an appendix to the rules. Well at least we got the Imbued in there
More
19 Nov 2015 13:58 - 19 Nov 2015 14:01 #74433 by jamesatzephyr

According the rules ”In many cases, a minion card will have a Discipline symbol, a clan symbol and/or a blood cost; in these cases, the card can only be played by a vampire who meets the requirements.”

Yes, in many cases. Not always.

Where dose it says that there can be anything else?

Nights of Reckoning called to let you know that the symbol on the left can be a virtue or a creed. Bloodlines added Flight (which is very definitely not a discipline).
Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 14:01 by jamesatzephyr.
More
19 Nov 2015 15:04 - 19 Nov 2015 15:04 #74435 by Ankha
I'm done feeding Jesper the troll, who's spending more energy trying to find errors or contradictions using flawed logic rather than thinking two minutes.

Answer has been given, I close this topic.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 15:04 by Ankha.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds