file The Red Question - Timing

20 Jan 2016 22:11 #75077 by 2wayspeaker
The red Question
Action Modifier + Burn option

Requires an untitled non anarch vampire

costs 1 blood

Put this card on this vampire. This vampire is considered anarch.

• Let's say I have a 4Cap that decided to "Go Anarch (rules)" by paying 2 blood.
    I play this action modifier, what happens?

• My vampire has become anarch through "Go Anarch (rules)". The vampire gets banished and comes back, is it still an anarch?

• My vampire is an anarch through "The Red Question". The vampire gets banished and comes back, is it still an anarch?

• My Vampire begins to bleed, it plays "The Red Question" can it play "Monkey Wrench"/"Power of One" immediatly after?

• My vampire attempts an action and played this modifier, however, the action is blocked. Can my vampire play "Groundfighting"?
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    21 Jan 2016 02:23 #75083 by Boris The Blade

• Let's say I have a 4Cap that decided to "Go Anarch (rules)" by paying 2 blood.
  • Before action resolution, the acting vampire is not anarch, so you can play The Red Question. Then if the action is not blocked, it will fizzle at resolution because the vampire does not fill the requirement of being non-Anarch.

• My vampire has become anarch through "Go Anarch (rules)". The vampire gets banished and comes back, is it still an anarch?
  • Yes: www.vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-a-to-f

• My vampire is an anarch through "The Red Question". The vampire gets banished and comes back, is it still an anarch?
  • Yes (banishment card text: The Red Question stays on the vampire).

• My Vampire begins to bleed, it plays "The Red Question" can it play "Monkey Wrench"/"Power of One" immediatly after?
  • My vampire attempts an action and played this modifier, however, the action is blocked. Can my vampire play "Groundfighting"?
  • Yes: action modifiers resolve when played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    21 Jan 2016 07:05 #75085 by Ankha
    Replied by Ankha on topic The Red Question - Timing
    Please note that you can't play The Red Question before "as the action is announced" action modifiers.
    For instance, an non-anarch can't play The Red Question to become anarch in order to play Ni Dieu ni Maître when announcing an action.

Action Modifier
    :ani: / :for: / :vic:
    Requires an anarch.
    Only usable as the action is announced. More than one discipline can be used when playing this card.
    :ani: If this action is blocked, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers in the resulting combat.
    :for: Vampires must burn 1 blood to attempt to block this action.
    :vic: If this action is blocked, this anarch gets +1 strength in the resulting combat.

[/quote]

Prince of Paris, France
    Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
    The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

More
    17 Feb 2016 13:39 #75476 by Michał
    Replied by Michał on topic The Red Question - Timing

• Before action resolution, the acting vampire is not anarch, so you can play The Red Question. Then if the action is not blocked, it will fizzle at resolution because the vampire does not fill the requirement of being non-Anarch.

But will he still have to pay 2 blood for the action?

More
    17 Feb 2016 15:51 #75477 by jamesatzephyr

But will he still have to pay 2 blood for the action?

No. An action that fizzles because Something Has Changed so that the action is no longer legal has no cost paid. For example, this can include: trying to Ambush a tapped target who untaps during the action, losing a Bomb which you were using to take a (D) action etc.

If the action is otherwise legal and you don't have enough blood/pool to meet the cost, you pay as much as you can, then it fizzles.

[LSJ 20090224]

> All actions check their required conditions, including vampire state,
    > blood cost and pool cost, at the point of resolving the action. If the
    > required conditions are not met at that point, the action fizzles.

Well, first check targets and such to see if the action's cost should be paid.
    If not, it fizzles with no cost paid.

Then pay the cost. If it cannot be paid, then as much as can be paid is paid,
    and the action fizzles.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michał

More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.076 seconds