times Re: Derange, Titles and Bloodbrothers

07 Aug 2011 16:12 #7533 by Izaak

So you're saying there is nowhere a ruling that Derange actually destroys titles? Then I have been told wrong for a couple of years. :) I usually start to doubt things from very early on, and now that I've witnessed some very old school players play rules like Scarce wrong, I've taken it under my belt for real to double check rules. And, thank god, usually cards are played as they tell us to. "Yeah, I remember this being ruled once in a GT differently..." doesn't really convince me. At all.

There is no ruling anywhere that Derange removes titles. What you may be referring to is, say, Mary-Ann Blaire getting deranged. Since she is now Malkavian, she cannot possibly hold the Ventrue Justicar title. Of course, once the Derange is moved she will get her title back.

The Scarce rule change is documented just fine in the online rulebook (or any rulebook printed after the change, I guess with LoB?). The same is true for the Infernal rule change and the various other (small) rules changes we've seen the past years.

At this time, I don't think any cards exist that have an errate, as long as you have the latest printing of the card. IIRC, the last errata'd card that needed a new printing was Antedeluvian Awakening (changing "minion" into "vampire") and that was reprinted with HttB. Of course, if you have older cards some of their card texts and/or costs are out of date. Unfortunately, no complete list of errata'd cards exists, other than the huge list of rulings on the left hand side of the menu. White-Wolf's site used to have a very convenient color coded version of this list, where errata were easier to find, but unfortunately it seems this website has given up that convenience in exchange for a more homogenous look.

Your Rotschrek complain is just that - a complaint. The card as written is ambigeous and open for several interpretations. Therefore clarifications and rulings exists how to handle various situations. Phsyche! "beating" Rotschrek is the result of that. You suggest that makes the card worthless; I say it makes the card more balanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2011 16:23 - 07 Aug 2011 16:24 #7534 by Kraus

You suggest that makes the card worthless; I say it makes the card more balanced.

Pardon me. :) I didn't mean to suggest anything like that. What I meant to say was that Psyche! cancels the effects of Rötschreck. I don't think the card is actually made redundant by that. It's still a powerful card.

But I still think that the interpretation is on the far side of intuition; at least mine! But now that the clarification is there and I know where to find it, it's okay.

And I meant not to rant further about scarce or any of the such. I just used it as an example how even older players may be wrong, and checking facts is a good thing in general. As I believe it is. :)

Anyways, thanks for the clarifications!

All the best.
-Kraus

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 07 Aug 2011 16:24 by Kraus.

More
15 Apr 2020 12:42 - 15 Apr 2020 12:43 #99605 by lip
I thought Derange was an "overlay" temporary change, like Clan Impersonation. [LSJ20100811]

I know default sects are soon to be a thing of the past, but this ruling about non-default sect confused me:

when you lose the Derange, you return to the base sect of your clan. If Lucita loses it, she becomes Sabbat. If Ingrid Rossler loses it, she becomes Independent

Is Derange an "actual" clan and sect change, contrary to Clan Impersonation ?

Do Lucita and Ingrid Rossler also come back as Sabbat and Independent if they lose their Clan Impersonation ?

Does this mean a previously played Writ of Acceptance overlays the default sect entailed by Derange ?

By Clan Impersonation ?
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 12:43 by lip.

More
15 Apr 2020 15:43 - 15 Apr 2020 15:47 #99609 by Ankha

I thought Derange was an "overlay" temporary change, like Clan Impersonation. [LSJ20100811]

I know default sects are soon to be a thing of the past, but this ruling about non-default sect confused me:

when you lose the Derange, you return to the base sect of your clan. If Lucita loses it, she becomes Sabbat. If Ingrid Rossler loses it, she becomes Independent

Is Derange an "actual" clan and sect change, contrary to Clan Impersonation ?

They work the same.

Do Lucita and Ingrid Rossler also come back as Sabbat and Independent if they lose their Clan Impersonation ?

Correct.

a previously played Writ of Acceptance overlays the default sect entailed by Derange ?

Correct.

By Clan Impersonation ?

They work the same.

Basically Derange and Clan Impersonation change your clan; when you change clan, you also change your sect to the default sect of the clan. So when you revert back to your original clan, your sect changes to the default of that clan.
In any case, if you have a Writ of Acceptance, your sect is Camarilla.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 15:47 by Ankha.

More
15 Apr 2020 16:54 #99610 by lip
Thanks for the precise answer.

Just for a quick follow-up, do Fall of the Camarilla/Sabbat work the same way ? Or does Ingrid Rossler get back to the Camarilla if the Fall of the Camarilla controller's is ousted ?

Fall of the Camarilla
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Requires at least three other Gehenna cards in play. There is no Camarilla. Any Camarilla vampire is considered Independent instead.

More
15 Apr 2020 19:57 - 15 Apr 2020 20:55 #99613 by Ankha

Thanks for the precise answer.

Just for a quick follow-up, do Fall of the Camarilla/Sabbat work the same way ? Or does Ingrid Rossler get back to the Camarilla if the Fall of the Camarilla controller's is ousted ?

Fall of the Camarilla
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Requires at least three other Gehenna cards in play. There is no Camarilla. Any Camarilla vampire is considered Independent instead.

See www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/77723-writ-of-acceptance-and-anarch-and-hackerspace?start=0#95462

Ingrid Rossler's sect is dormant, and if the Fall of the Camarilla leaves play, she goes back to Camarilla (if she was Camarilla before).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Apr 2020 20:55 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds