file How to properly play out-of-turn masters

03 Apr 2017 14:14 #81280 by 1muflon1
Hi, I have a question about out-of-turn masters. I always thought out-of-turn masters must be played out of your turn but then I saw the text of the Path of Tear, which states:

"Master: out-of-turn. Path.
Put this card on a Salubri when you move that Salubri from your uncontrolled region to your ready region during your influence phase. If you burned 3 or more pool for the scarce penalty for this vampire, you gain 3 pool. Cards that require Obeah [obe] cost this Salubri 1 less blood. Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action. A vampire can have only one path."

It says that it should be put on a salubri when I move it out of an uncontrolled region to my ready region during my influence phase but it is out-of-turn and my influence phase is my turn. Is it possible to play out-of-turn masters during my turn outside my master phase or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2017 15:00 #81283 by Ankha

Hi, I have a question about out-of-turn masters. I always thought out-of-turn masters must be played out of your turn

Correct, unless the card itself allows you to play it also during your turn (eg. Ebony Fox Hunt) or if the timing written on it leads to play it during your turn (eg. Path of Tear).

Name: Ebony Fox Hunt
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a blood hunt called on a Black Hand vampire you control. You may play this card during your turn.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1muflon1

More
05 Apr 2017 20:33 #81359 by Lönkka

It says that it should be put on a salubri when I move it out of an uncontrolled region to my ready region during my influence phase but it is out-of-turn and my influence phase is my turn

That is because you play regular master cards only during your master phase.

Path of Tears is being played on your influence phase during which you aren't allowed to play master cards. However, since it is out-of-turn master that specifically states that you can play it "on a Salubri when you move that Salubri from your uncontrolled region to your ready region during your influence phase."

Is it possible to play out-of-turn masters during my turn outside my master phase or am I missing something here?

Only of the card specifically allows it.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds