times Supernatural Resistance and cancelling strikes

08 Aug 2011 09:42 - 11 Feb 2013 11:40 #7589 by Oneiran
Greetings!

I have a quick rules question that I have been unable to find an answer for in the rules forum here, or in the Rulebook/Rules Reference/All Rulings.

Question: If I play Supernatural Resistance to cancel a S:CE (e.g. Majesty), can the opposing minion choose a new strike? If so, can the opposing minion play another copy of the same strike card?

My gut feel is that they can, on both counts, because Supernatural Resistance doesn't specify that they get no strike instead (as Evil Eye does). I sincerely hope this isn't the case though, as the Akunanse would then have no answer to S:CE - much like their poor Gangrel cousins... :(

Supernatural Resistance
Type: Combat/Reaction
Requires a Laibon with three or more Orun.
Tap an Orun on this Laibon to cancel an action card targeting this Laibon or a strike card as it is played. Not usable to cancel a card that doesn't require a Discipline or that requires Celerity [cel] or Potence [pot]. Burn option.

Evil Eye
Type: Combat/Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Do not replace until your untap phase.
[mal] [COMBAT] Cancel a strike card played by the opposing minion as it is played (no cost is paid). The opposing minion cannot choose another strike and gets no strike instead. [mal] is not a Discipline.
[MAL] [REACTION] Cancel an action card as it is played and tap the acting minion. Burn option.

Thanks,
Oneiran
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 11:40 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2011 10:01 #7590 by Pascal Bertrand

Greetings!

I have a quick rules question that I have been unable to find an answer for in the rules forum here, or in the Rulebook/Rules Reference/All Rulings.

Question: If I play Supernatural Resistance to cancel a S:CE (e.g. Majesty), can the opposing minion choose a new strike? If so, can the opposing minion play another copy of the same strike card?

They can (and must): [LSJ 20090818] .

Also notice that Supernatural Resistance doesn't say that cost isn't paid, so any cost is paid (a Majesty cancelled by SR would still cost 1 blood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oneiran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds