file Rules Team Rulings – RTR 19/07/2018

19 Jul 2018 18:20 #89068 by KzArashi

I think that it would greatly benefit all if the all RTRs could also be found at this site (too)!

Also in case of a site doing a meltdown you'd still have the info available at the another site.

I do agree with Lönkka .

And regarding this:

Clarification and simplification
– Even though Shalmath has been errated not to refer to the research area anymore, the research area still exists. The cards Research and Development are still usable until further notice.
– For the same reason Safe Passage does not refer to powers anymore, even though powers still exist.

First of all. "I'm not complaining", only expressing a opinion.

• Because of the fact that Reasearch and development are not included (yet) in the reprints, but in some sort are still "legal". I believe expeculation can make the price of the two cards skyrocket in some way.

• I don't know if that already have be made. But may be something more elaborated regarding the changes on Shalmath, could be posted. Even that I would never use hin on my decks before. I would like to know more of the work process that resulted in this change and of some others cards. I think it is cool to understand the way the game is evolving.

• And a litle doubt: Some previous answers of Hugh Angseesing and Bean Peal (on facebook), as mentioned in another thread , implied the end of the Research Area. But this new RTR say it is still active.
  • So, is the plan to end Research Area in the future? Or may be rethink the way it works?

• Priest of Rio de Janeiro
    :sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
    Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
    Youtube: Distant Shore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    19 Jul 2018 20:11 #89075 by Ankha

Hrm. any reason powerbase: luanda was excluded from the mandatory-rollback-confusion erratas?

Also, The Rack?
    It’s the greatest source of such rollbacks in my playgroup.

While they are not reprinted, we keep the changes at the lowest level.

• So, is the plan to end Research Area in the future? Or may be rethink the way it works?
  • We won't expand the research area, so cards using the research area will be changed.

Prince of Paris, France
    Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Charles_Bronson

More
    19 Jul 2018 20:45 - 19 Jul 2018 20:47 #89078 by Kraus
    Not related here, but just stating: since back tracking and stuff is taken into account, I've felt that paying for contests should be compulsory; one should not be able to forget them. Those choices are game defining, and are easily forgotten. I think it would be fair for everyone that the whole table has to remember it. You couldn't essentially be able to move to Master phase without a decision to either pay or yield.

It's a similar issue as with Taste of Vitae. You see too often that people are just eager to "get on with it" and actually play their cards and game, and forget a few things. Trying to Press after Taste and Remembering to pay for contest in Master phase happen for similar reasons, and saying that "na-ah, you can't do that and now you lost the game!" in tournaments feels really unfair.

Just my 2 cents, and probably a topic warranting another thread if someone wants to argue.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
    -Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
    www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
    Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 20:47 by Kraus.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
    19 Jul 2018 21:33 #89081 by skimflux

Not related here, but just stating: since back tracking and stuff is taken into account, I've felt that paying for contests should be compulsory; one should not be able to forget them. Those choices are game defining, and are easily forgotten. I think it would be fair for everyone that the whole table has to remember it. You couldn't essentially be able to move to Master phase without a decision to either pay or yield.

It's a similar issue as with Taste of Vitae. You see too often that people are just eager to "get on with it" and actually play their cards and game, and forget a few things. Trying to Press after Taste and Remembering to pay for contest in Master phase happen for similar reasons, and saying that "na-ah, you can't do that and now you lost the game!" in tournaments feels really unfair.

Just my 2 cents, and probably a topic warranting another thread if someone wants to argue.

Paying for a contest cannot be mandatory because the player can choose to yield. What is mandatory is to choose - to yield or to pay.

If a player moves on to the Master phase without making that choice - ie, he did not pay 1 pool, but he did not move his card to the ash heap either - the correct ruling would be to roll back the game and make him choose either option. He should not be forced to choose to yield in that situation, unless he gave some other indication that was his choice.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson, Lech

More
    20 Jul 2018 01:48 #89089 by Vlad

Paying for a contest cannot be mandatory because the player can choose to yield. What is mandatory is to choose - to yield or to pay.

If a player moves on to the Master phase without making that choice - ie, he did not pay 1 pool, but he did not move his card to the ash heap either - the correct ruling would be to roll back the game and make him choose either option. He should not be forced to choose to yield in that situation, unless he gave some other indication that was his choice.

+1

And I agree with the Tournament argument about Taste of Vitae...
    This only creates bad vibrations in the Force

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
    Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
    22 Jul 2018 18:17 #89198 by Charles_Bronson
    I have a small sugestion.

6.4.5. Strike Effects
    [...]
    Steal Equipment. This effect is like destroy equipment, except that instead of being burned, the equipment card is moved to the striking minion. The stolen equipment may not be used by bearer during the current round of combat. The equipment is retained by the stealing minion after combat ends.

Can we get rid of that small, unnecessary rule? Very few people i've meet know of that. And those people play vtes for YEARS.

I am death.
    Paul Kersey, Death Wish
    :vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.102 seconds