question-circle How do you deal with people leaving the table before ousted

03 Aug 2018 13:34 #89598 by self biased

Some kind of official ideas what kind of options the Judge might consider would indeed be useful

i dont disagree, but it seems like something thats more likely to happen outside of the tournament environment?

Has any TO actually seen this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 16:06 #89600 by Sambomb
The pool is "left into the table" ( proxys of the real ones ) with all permanents and the predator still has to oust it.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
04 Aug 2018 00:27 #89616 by Kushiel

Some kind of official ideas what kind of options the Judge might consider would indeed be useful

i dont disagree, but it seems like something thats more likely to happen outside of the tournament environment?

Has any TO actually seen this happen?

Lönkka himself did:

Happened in the last tournament I ran in December.

One player in the finals had to leave 5-10 minutes before the end of the game to get the train back to a city 200km away...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Aug 2018 08:01 #89621 by beslin igor

The pool is "left into the table" ( proxys of the real ones ) with all permanents and the predator still has to oust it.

pool sacks is usually the most common solution when a player leaves the game. It's OK with 1 add-on. the player who leaves the game is disappointed and if he can he kill himself in 1 move and leave the game. I'm for the player who leaves the game to be removed as soon as possible.
therefore his predator should bleed him to until oust with the addition that the player who left the game is disappointed to want to kill himself and since he is no longer in the game in every move they suffer damage from the loss of 4 pools during the influence phase- It's losing 4 pools of calculate as an attempt to self oust(as i know self oust legal even in tournament games)

More
04 Aug 2018 08:51 #89623 by Bloodartist

[
pool sacks is usually the most common solution when a player leaves the game. It's OK with 1 add-on. the player who leaves the game is disappointed and if he can he kill himself in 1 move and leave the game.

Oh, but that is against the rules. The "play to win" rule. There is no room for a reasonable solution here, so player will go against the rules one way or another. Another reason why I don't like the play-to-win rule. It is stupid that you can't concede the game.

On topic question, I haven't seen any better solutions as the "pile of pool" approach.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
04 Aug 2018 14:18 #89631 by beslin igor

[
pool sacks is usually the most common solution when a player leaves the game. It's OK with 1 add-on. the player who leaves the game is disappointed and if he can he kill himself in 1 move and leave the game.

Oh, but that is against the rules. The "play to win" rule. There is no room for a reasonable solution here, so player will go against the rules one way or another. Another reason why I don't like the play-to-win rule. It is stupid that you can't concede the game.

On topic question, I haven't seen any better solutions as the "pile of pool" approach.

as i know self oust is legal in tournaments. as you said player cant concede game,him need to play. but player whu leave table popular said: rage quit player is disanpointed of situation on table. so if him stay him probably try to die as before posible because no sense to continue. i think is aceptable when player leave during influence phase take 4 pool damage,that can count as part to him bring new vampire in play,because him maybe leave because someone burn his star vampire and him no have sense to continue game. if player who leave have 4 or 5 pool,some decks can easy oust him,but what if leave with 20 pool,and his predator is combat deck whu bleed for 1 with each vampire? his pool need to be reduced every turn.
VEKN need to decide about rules for that. we can offer more things about that and in ending last word how resolve that have VEKN.
maybe is good to VEKN open topic for that where players need to write some ideas and advices and after some time VEKN write in rulebook rules for that: How do you deal with people leaving the table before ousted

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds