file Scarce + Summon History

28 Aug 2018 15:24 #90256 by Khalid1988
Hello,

I think I've understood correctly how this goes but I just wanted to confirm if it's true that you don't have to pay Scarce penalty for bringing vampires to play with Summon History. Because of how Scarce is being described in the rulebook, with the deciding factor being the vampire isn't moved to play from uncontrolled in Influence phase..

Scarce: When a Methuselah moves a scarce vampire from her uncontrolled region to her ready region during her influence phase, she must burn 3 pool for every other vampire of the same clan already in play.

Name: Summon History
[HttB:R, Anthology:3]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: X blood
Discipline: Temporis
[tem] Search your library (shuffle afterwards) and/or ash heap for an ally, retainer or equipment whose cost is X or less. Put that card in play (on this vampire and with starting life from the bank as needed).
[TEM] Search your crypt (shuffle afterwards) and/or ash heap for a non-scarce vampire with capacity X or less and put that vampire in play (with no blood).
Artist: Andrew Hepworth

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2018 15:30 #90257 by M.Schumacher
Read the text of superior Summon history again, carefully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

More
28 Aug 2018 15:57 #90259 by Khalid1988
Replied by Khalid1988 on topic Scarce + Summon History
Oh....OH. Heh, well damn there goes one great deck idea out of the window. >.< I am sorry.

File Attachment:

More
01 Sep 2018 04:14 #90340 by Arthur Volts
Pretty sure the on scarce vamp limit on the card is from the lore, regarding more than a few True Brujah trying to go back and save their founder from Troile, never to be seen again.

More
03 Sep 2018 16:37 #90375 by ReverendRevolver

Pretty sure the on scarce vamp limit on the card is from the lore, regarding more than a few True Brujah trying to go back and save their founder from Troile, never to be seen again.

Yea, DsotBH is the only place Summon History appears, and "oops" attempts to summon Brujah are mentioned.
But summon history is vague. Is pulls a pocket of space and time to the user, who cannot see or interact with the present without utilizing Time Sense.

That's seriously all there is. No details on if you actually do anything but observe.

Clios Kiss pulls things outta time like SH the card does, and I guide to high clans, it mentions at least 2 attempts have been made to summon Brujah have ended in catastrophe, and its unknown if any Trujah exists that can still use the power, but they aren't numerous enough to afford a third attempt.

I would have been concerned in HttB with a Trujah summoning Anu and Serena the white with Ankara citadel on, spending relatively little blood fior potential craziness. Not that its practical, but those were new, un meta tested vamps at the time.

More
03 Sep 2018 16:55 #90376 by Khalid1988
Replied by Khalid1988 on topic Scarce + Summon History
Thanks for the lore bits. :) True Brujah are one of my favorite clans so discovering new things about them is nice.

File Attachment:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds