file Change of Target + Blood Brothers Ambush

11 Jan 2019 21:07 - 11 Jan 2019 21:08 #92777 by Trigger
Can you play both these action modifier cards for one acting Brujah Antitribu, say for a bleed action that was blocked? Effectively, unlocking both acting and blocking minions, and then blocking minion enters combat with Blood Brothers Ambush, which BBA burns after combat?

:tore: :AUS: :CEL: :PRE: :political:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 21:08 by Trigger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 21:41 #92779 by Palamedes
Intresting question, I don't know the answer, but I can guess:
The right order for playing is Blood Brother Ambush, then Change of Target, because CoT ends the action.
But you don't get anything useful because CoT ends the action immediately after playing, so BBA is simple wanish because action is ended "before combat, if any".

More
11 Jan 2019 22:03 - 11 Jan 2019 22:04 #92780 by jamesatzephyr

Can you play both these action modifier cards for one acting Brujah Antitribu, say for a bleed action that was blocked?

No.

If you play Change of Target, the action ends (card text). After the action ends, you have no action to modify - so other action modifiers cannot be played.

If you play Blood Brother Ambush, combat starts. Action modifiers can't be played in combat. (Rulebook 6.4: "Note: The only minion cards that can be played during combat are combat cards (unless a card states otherwise, of course).")

[LSJ 20010803] (and a subsequent reply)

> Can you play a Change of target to cancel the current combat and untap
> both vampires then play a Blood Brother Ambush to cause the blocking
> vampire to fight the Blood Brothers? I think you can, and I will show
> you why.

No. Once the action is canceled {{note - earlier card text}}, you have nothing to modify.

> Can I play Change of Target after the BBambush then?
[...]
The answer is "no", because BBA starts combat.

Relevant card texts:
Blood Brother Ambush
Only usable when an action is blocked.
Combat does not occur. Put this card into play. While in play, this card represents an ally with 3 life and 2 strength who can strike for 2R damage; this ally enters combat with the blocking minion. Blood Brother Ambush may play cards requiring basic Potence [pot] as a vampire with a capacity of 3. If a card would give them blood, give them life instead. Burn this card at the end of combat or if the combat is canceled.

Change of Target
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Only usable when this acting minion is blocked (play before combat, if any). Unlock the acting minion, do not lock the blocking minion, and end the current action (it is not successful). This minion cannot perform the same action again this turn.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 22:04 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trigger

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds