file Freak Drive + Capitalist

13 Jan 2019 03:54 - 13 Jan 2019 03:56 #92817 by Trigger
Replied by Trigger on topic Freak Drive + Capitalist
Name: Freak Drive
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving the action). This vampire unlocks.
[FOR] As above, but usable even if the action is blocked (play after combat, if any).

Name: Capitalist
Cardtype: Master
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a Sabbat vampire you control. Once per turn, when this vampire successfully bleeds his or her prey, he or she gains 1 blood from the bank. A vampire can have only one archetype.

So if vampire A bleeds sucessfully, can you play Freak Drive to unlock, then use Capitalist to get back the 1 blood you spent to play Freak Drive? Technically, unlocking for free if Freak Drive can be used first, then Capitalist to get 1 blood back? Just making sure the timing of each as Capitalist doesn't really say when you receive 1 blood.

:tore: :AUS: :CEL: :PRE: :political:
Last edit: 13 Jan 2019 03:56 by Trigger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2019 08:46 #92819 by d-mohn
Replied by d-mohn on topic Freak Drive + Capitalist
it seems to me like the gaining of the blood from capitalist is added to the end of the bleed resolution and freak drive is played after the action's resolution so the cost would be paid after the blood is gained from capitalist.

More
13 Jan 2019 09:27 - 13 Jan 2019 09:27 #92821 by Bloodartist

it seems to me like the gaining of the blood from capitalist is added to the end of the bleed resolution and freak drive is played after the action's resolution so the cost would be paid after the blood is gained from capitalist.

I'm trying to find out which comes first, bleed resolution or action resolution, or whether these happen at the same time (unlikely because whoever makes these rules likes complexity). I am failing. I cannot find it from rulebook or detailed play summary (nothing new on that front).

I have a feeling (I may recall an earlier ruling vaguely) that if they don't happen at the same time, then bleed resolution (and the +1 blood) would happen first, and freak drive would be the very last thing of an action. In this case you would sort of waste 1 blood if you were full..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 13 Jan 2019 09:27 by Bloodartist.

More
13 Jan 2019 11:00 #92824 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Freak Drive + Capitalist
You play Enkil cog after successfully bleeding your prey. Freak drive and Enkil cog are played in the same window. This tells me that freak drive is played after bleed resolution.

Lackeyname: Kris
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
13 Jan 2019 11:02 #92825 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Freak Drive + Capitalist
Voter Captivation and Freak Drive also are played in the same window. Voter Captivation can recoup the blood cost of Freak Drive.

My guess is that Capitalist works similarly.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
13 Jan 2019 11:20 - 13 Jan 2019 11:23 #92826 by Bloodartist
The big question is whether these would happen in the same window, so they could be ordered as you choose.

Lackey text for voter captivation differs from the official card list, what is up with that?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 13 Jan 2019 11:23 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds