file Domain of Evernigh +Outside the Hourglass

26 Jan 2019 08:39 #93139 by Nictuku
Hi there!

I need a little clarification:
my acting minion get blocked and i play Domain of Evernight and Outside the Hourglass. Range is close btw.

How can the opposing minion prevent the damage??
can he use prevent such as Hiddent Strength??
or just built in cards like Guardian Angel??

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2019 10:07 #93141 by jamesatzephyr

my acting minion get blocked and i play Domain of Evernight and Outside the Hourglass. Range is close btw.

Outside the Hourglass is played before range is determined, so the range is close by default - but you haven't established the permanent range for the round yet.

How can the opposing minion prevent the damage??
can he use prevent such as Hiddent Strength??
or just built in cards like Guardian Angel??

You're in combat, so he can use combat cards as normal. A combat card that says "Prevent 1 damage" (for example) could be played to prevent the damage from:

- Outside the Hourglass (before range)
- Alejandro Aguirre's ability to inflict damage on combatants
- anything during strike resolution in combat (e.g. strikes, Wolf Companion, Carrion Crows)
- Shoulder Drop (after strike resolution)
- Pulled Fangs

More
26 Jan 2019 10:38 #93143 by Nictuku

More
26 Jan 2019 18:37 #93144 by Nac
Related question: can my opponent play before-range effects that prevent as Flesh of marble to prevent 2 of those damage?

Many thanks in advance

Flesh of Marble
[Combat] Combat

[Protean] Protean

Only usable before range is chosen.
[pro] For the duration of the combat, when this vampire suffers a point of damage (that he or she does not prevent) in a given round, any additional damage inflicted on this vampire in the same round is automatically prevented. Aggravated damage cannot be prevented in this way.
[PRO] As above, but aggravated damage is prevented in this way as well.

More
26 Jan 2019 19:14 #93145 by kschaefer
Any time preventable damage is dealt, a damage prevention window is opened. You can play any cards that are legally available to be played during that window. Prevention cards and in that case of Outside the Hourglass, more pre-range effects, including Flesh of Marble.

That being said, Flesh of Marble would not prevent all of the damage from Outside of the Hourglass. You would take one point of damage from it, then prevent the rest.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:13 #93183 by Nac

Any time preventable damage is dealt, a damage prevention window is opened. You can play any cards that are legally available to be played during that window. Prevention cards and in that case of Outside the Hourglass, more pre-range effects, including Flesh of Marble.

That being said, Flesh of Marble would not prevent all of the damage from Outside of the Hourglass. You would take one point of damage from it, then prevent the rest.

i was confused as Flesh of marble is a before range effect and I was not sure if you could play those in a damage prevention window, even if that window happens before range.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds