file Anson & Rumors of Gehenna

21 Jun 2019 22:29 #95564 by yurian
Hi all,
I am an old player of VTES (and Jyhad), catching up with the game since about a year.
I have a question with regards to the interactions between:
- Anson : If Anson is ready during your master phase, you get two master phase actions
- Rumors of Gehenna : ... Each chosen Methuselah gets 2 master phase actions at the start of their master phase...
- and Parthenon : Lock during your master phase to get +1 master phase action

It feels obvious to me that Anson or Rumors may be combined with the Parthenon to get up to 3 master phase actions, right? Yet, since both Anson and Rumors indicate "2 master phase actions (instead of 1)", does that mean they can't be played for 2 extra actions (i.e. 1 base + 1 Anson + 1 Rumors)? Or even combine them all for a total of 4 actions?

Bottom line, I am trying to understand how these 3 cards interact with each other, and how many master phase actions migth be possible.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2019 01:57 #95565 by Luriel
Replied by Luriel on topic Anson & Rumors of Gehenna
As far as multiple master phases go, I would group cards in 2 different categories:

- Cards changing the default number (which is one) of master phase actions. Such as Anson, Nana Buruku and Rumors of Gehenna.

-Cards giving additional master phase actions. Such as Cybele, Huizilopotchli and the Parthenon.

Cards from the first group don't stack but any single of them can gain benefit from cards the second group. Cards from the second group stack, obviously.

So in the examples you provided. Controlling Anson and being affected by Rumors of Gehenna would only give you 2 master phase actions (from wichever of these 2 you chose). Controlling both Anson and the Parthenon would let you play up to 3 master phases, the same number of phases you would get if you also were the target of Rumors of Gehenna

More
22 Jun 2019 06:04 #95566 by yurian
Replied by yurian on topic Anson & Rumors of Gehenna
Thanks Luriel.

That's what I thought

More
22 Jun 2019 07:50 #95567 by thelonius reloaded
I know it's not the right place, but it's important to spread the word that many players think that every multi master enabler (except for parthenon) should read like anson

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
22 Jun 2019 10:56 - 22 Jun 2019 10:57 #95568 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Anson & Rumors of Gehenna
As MMPA decks seem to be rather strong in an overpowering way perhaps a new rule should be added:

"No matter which way you might be able to acquire additional Master Phase actions, two is the maximum amount you can use per turn."

After which we could, if we wanted, to edit Trifle so that it can be played either first of as the second master of your turn.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 22 Jun 2019 10:57 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds