file Mercy (an idea to avoid self-ousting)

29 Feb 2020 18:28 #99102 by jamesatzephyr

There would have to be some serious Life Boon-shenanigans for one player to be in the headsup and NOT be able to snag a GW with 1.5VP

Life Boon not required. Dementation back-ousting wins 2-1-1-1-0. This would turn it into 1.5-1.5-1-1-0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2020 19:04 #99103 by Hakuron

There would have to be some serious Life Boon-shenanigans for one player to be in the headsup and NOT be able to snag a GW with 1.5VP

Life Boon not required. Dementation back-ousting wins 2-1-1-1-0. This would turn it into 1.5-1.5-1-1-0.

To be honest, I do not understand what you mean.
How should the suggested Mercy rule and Life Boon lead to a result like "1.5 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 0"?

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
01 Mar 2020 00:12 #99106 by jamesatzephyr

To be honest, I do not understand what you mean.

Dementation has a card called Kindred Spirits. It allows you to bleed any Methuselah, and because it is in Dementation (i.e. a bleed heavy discipline) it can be used to bleed other Methuselahs very hard. Some players use this to back oust their predator repeatedly. This results in them reaching the heads-up with 0VP, because... Five players on a tableL A, B, C, D, E. A back-ousts E. D has 1VP. A back-ousts D. C has 1 VP. A back-ousts C. B has 1 VP.

Were A to gain 1.5VP at that point, they wouldn't get the game win.

How should the suggested Mercy rule and Life Boon lead to a result like "1.5 - 1.5 - 1 - 1 - 0"?

Um, the bit where I said "Life Boon not required" was a big hint that I wasn't talking about Life Boon because - as I say - it's not required. The claim was that Life Boon-style shenanigans were required to get into a situation where 1.5VP won't give you the game win. I was pointing out that this isn't the case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
01 Mar 2020 10:23 #99111 by beslin igor
jamesatzephyr you can ask for Mercy only if another player get GW with this +1,5 VP,if exist any source to him dont get GW you cannot ask for Mercy,that must be clear!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
01 Mar 2020 12:39 #99115 by jamesatzephyr

jamesatzephyr you can ask for Mercy only if another player get GW with this +1,5 VP,if exist any source to him dont get GW you cannot ask for Mercy,that must be clear!!!!

But!!!!! Oko!!!! Was!!!! Talking!!!! About!!!! Whether!!!! That!!!! Could!!!! Ever!!!! Not!!!! Be!!!! The!!!! Case!!!! Without!!!! Life!!!! Boon!!! Which!!!!! It!!!! Can!!!!! Which!!!!! Is!!!!! What!!!!! I!!!!!1 Replied!!!!! To!!!!!!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds