file Repeat Political Actions

07 Sep 2019 15:39 #96849 by Anfauglir
Evening all.

I am an old (!) player getting back into VTES with a new playgroup and I think we understand the NRA reasonably well. However, one of us has been on Lackey several times and been told that different minions cannot use the same political action in a turn, which I do not remember and cannot find in the rules.

Please can someone confirm whether 2 different minions controlled by the same Methuselah could call the same ref using the same card - not including any 1 per game restrictions etc.

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2019 15:50 - 07 Sep 2019 17:43 #96850 by jamesatzephyr

I am an old (!) player getting back into VTES with a new playgroup and I think we understand the NRA reasonably well. However, one of us has been on Lackey several times and been told that different minions cannot use the same political action in a turn, which I do not remember and cannot find in the rules.

It's not true, unless someone uses a card like Delaying Tactics.

The rules prohibit:

- a single minion bleeding more than once per turn
- a single minion taking a political action more than once per turn
- a single minion using an action from its own card text (e.g. a built-in rush) more than once per turn
- a single minion using an action provided by a card in play more than once per turn, but if there are multiple copies of the same card in play, each of them can provide its own action (e.g. you can enter combat with one Haven Uncovered, untap, and use a second Haven Uncovered)
- a single minion using the same action card by name more than once per turn (e.g. Govern at inferior to bleed, Govern at inferior to put blood on an uncontrolled vampire)
- a single minion using the rulesbook-based Red List rush of a marked minion more than once per turn

The rules don't limit what one of your minions does based on what another of your minions does. A weenie vote deck can call 4 Kine Resources Contested in a single turn, with four different weenies, for example.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2019 17:43 by jamesatzephyr. Reason: Add: action card by name
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anfauglir

More
07 Sep 2019 15:50 #96851 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Repeat Political Actions
3 different vampires could all call a Kine Resources Contested each. For sure.

In case someone played Dark Influences or Delaying Tactics, KRC could not in this case be repeated. Those cards have a specific clause preventing it.

Barring those? It's all good.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anfauglir

More
07 Sep 2019 16:14 #96853 by Anfauglir
Replied by Anfauglir on topic Repeat Political Actions
Thanks guys - much obliged. Also didn't know about the Red List bits as they were not a thing last time I played!

Thanks for wrapping that up so quickly.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds