file Horrid Reality + Rowan Ring

27 Sep 2019 16:37 - 27 Sep 2019 16:39 #97163 by redwulfe
Q1: If I use Horrid Reality at Advanced to search for a weapon and hit Rowan Ring would it be taken off the vampire when it goes to torpor and be shuffled back into my library at the end of combat? It seems that it does but I want to make sure I am not missing some sort of card interaction that I don't know.

Q2: If it does go back to the library would the Torpored Vampire be able to unlock as normal?

Horrid Reality:
Only usable before range is determined.

chi: Equip with the first weapon you find in your library (working down from the top; shuffle afterward; if the requirements are not met, it is burned). This weapon does not contest any card in play. Do not pay the cost for this weapon. At the end of this combat, burn the weapon if it is still in play.

CHI: As above, but shuffle the equipment in your library at the end of combat if it is still in play.

Rowan Ring:
Unique melee weapon.

Strike: send the opposing vampire to torpor, move this card to that vampire, and he or she does not unlock as normal as long as he or she remains in torpor.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2019 16:39 by redwulfe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2019 17:36 #97164 by jamesatzephyr

Q1: If I use Horrid Reality at Advanced to search for a weapon and hit Rowan Ring would it be taken off the vampire when it goes to torpor and be shuffled back into my library at the end of combat? It seems that it does but I want to make sure I am not missing some sort of card interaction that I don't know.

If the weapon is still in play, it will be retrieved and put back in the library.

[LSJ 20001019] , with a Stake/Wooden Stake.

> What if the weapon pulled with horrid reality is a stake ?
> opposing minion keeps it after use or is it returned to library ?

Library. It is still in play, so it will be returned to the library by HR.

Q2: If it does go back to the library would the Torpored Vampire be able to unlock as normal?

No. That's independent of having the equipment.

[LSJ 19980831] , in this case dealing with vampires like Beast and Enkidu who won't have the equipment on them (because of their special ability), but will still be sent to torpor by them.

> What about Paralyze cards like Rowan Ring and Stake? I would assume that,
> in this case, the paralyze effect is independent of *having* the item, and
> lasts until the vampire is rescued from torpor even if the stake or ring
> is burned as soon as Beast receives it?

Yes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: redwulfe

More
27 Sep 2019 17:39 #97165 by redwulfe
You have made my day sir. :) Thanks

More
27 Sep 2019 17:44 #97166 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Horrid Reality + Rowan Ring
We call it "The Wedding deck" :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, vragozakas, gandalf78, redwulfe

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds