question-circle vlad tepes and what exactly "using" cards entails

28 Feb 2020 10:41 #99088 by d-mohn
so I understand how playing a card as if you met the requirements works thanks to the topics on mata-hari, but how does using work exactly.

Vlad Tepes. Clan: Tzimisce Group: 3 Capacity: 10 aus ANI DOM PRO THA VIC
Independent: Vlad can play and use cards requiring a title or a sect as if he had that title or were of that sect. +1 bleed.

I know for example that he can become an abbot due to his ability to play the card as if he met the sect requirement, does his ability then meet the requirement of "this sabbat vampire gain +1 intercept against D actions" or is that not how "using" a card works.

Abbot -- Type: Action -- Cost: None
+1 stealth action. Requires a Sabbat vampire.
Put this card on this acting Sabbat vampire and unlock him or her. This Sabbat vampire gets +1 intercept against (D) actions directed at his or her controller. A vampire may have only one Abbot.

if this is how it works, then is "this X vampire gains Y or does Y" the template for using something?

would appreciate some clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2020 21:49 #99093 by Ankha

I know for example that he can become an abbot due to his ability to play the card as if he met the sect requirement, does his ability then meet the requirement of "this sabbat vampire gain +1 intercept against D actions" or is that not how "using" a card works.

He gets +1 intercept against (D) against with an Abbot because the card requires a Sabbat vampire and sees Vlad as a Sabbat vampire for that matter.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: d-mohn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds