file Replace during unlock and other unlock effects

28 Jun 2020 20:38 #100204 by Rémi
Dear all,

Can I organize my unlock phase effects how i do want or should i replace Wake with evening s freshness and similar before every other effects?

Card text examples...
Name: Constant Revolution
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch. Unique.
Put this card in play with 1 counter. During your unlock phase, put a counter on this card. During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, he or she must burn X pool and/or cards at random from his or her hand, where X is the number of counters on this card. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D) action that costs 1 pool.

Name: Wake with Evening's Freshness
Cardtype: Reaction
Only usable by a locked vampire. Do not replace until your unlock phase.
This vampire wakes (they ignore the requirement to be unlocked for playing reaction cards and attempting to block until the end of the action).

Name: Into Thin Air
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate
Do not replace until your unlock phase.
[obf] +1 stealth. Once this action, this vampire may burn 1 blood to give an ally or younger vampire -1 intercept. Into Thin Air and Lost in Crowds cannot both be played on the same action.
[OBF] As above, but for +2 stealth.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2020 00:29 #100209 by kschaefer
You can order those effects however you wish, but you cannot pass the impulse until all of those effects have been dealt with since they are all mandatory effects.

More
29 Jun 2020 07:55 #100210 by Ankha

Dear all,

Can I organize my unlock phase effects how i do want or should i replace Wake with evening s freshness and similar before every other effects?

You can order the effects that happen during your unlock phase as you wish (except unlocking your cards which always happen first).
However, replacing a Wake With Evening's Freshness is not done during the unlock phase, but before the unlock phase starts.

So you must replace the card first before starting your unlock phase (and handle similar "until..." effects), then unlock your cards (first thing to do in your unlock phase), then resolve your unlock effects as you wish.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/ptHbJM9MlVI/O61W2JkI_rIJ

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, Hakuron, Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds