file Timing question: Mask of a Thousand Faces VS block resolution

03 Sep 2020 16:52 - 03 Sep 2020 16:53 #100683 by Rémi
Dear all,

I am the acting player, I say "Yes the current action is blocked".
1/ Can I play Mask of a Thousand Faces after that? Of course i would play if at inferior level since I would not be able to further increase the stealth amount.

2/ Only if the answer of the first question is YES.
If both the initial acting minion and the one who has just played the Mask of the 1000 faces has Arching Beauty. May I activate both of them?

3/ Only if the answer of the first question is YES.
May I play Venenation after the Mask of the 1000 faces?

4/ Only if the answer of the previous question is YES.
May I play another Mask of a Thousand Faces?

Card text:
Name: Mask of a Thousand Faces
Cardtype: Action Modifier
[obf] Only usable by a ready, unlocked vampire other than the acting minion who is capable of performing the action. Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire. Unlock the acting minion and lock this vampire instead. The action continues with this vampire as the acting minion.

Name: Venenation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
[ser] Place a corruption counter on the blocking minion. If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds the blood capacity of that vampire or the cost of that ally, you may burn all of your corruption counters on that minion to gain control of him or her (combat is canceled). Otherwise, combat occurs as normal.

Name: Aching Beauty
Cardtype: Master
Put this card on any Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the blocking minion's controller burns 1 pool before block resolution.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 16:53 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2020 07:46 - 04 Sep 2020 07:50 #100686 by Tadori
In my opinion:

1. Yes. You can say that you play Mask befour block resolution.
2. No, Action is allredy blocked so trigger for secound AB passed
3. Yes, your are still befour block resolution.
4. No, you can't use the same action modifier more than once. Acting vampier is diffrent but its still the same action.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 07:50 by Tadori.

More
04 Sep 2020 10:54 - 04 Sep 2020 11:27 #100687 by Yomyael

In my opinion:

1. Yes. You can say that you play Mask befour block resolution.
2. No, Action is allredy blocked so trigger for secound AB passed
3. Yes, your are still befour block resolution.
4. No, you can't use the same action modifier more than once. Acting vampier is diffrent but its still the same action.

Not sure about 1.-3., but your answer for 4. is incorrect. A vampire may play the same action modifier not more than once during an action, but the Masking vampire may play Action Modifiers the fist vampire played, since they haven't played them. The same way the now not-acting vampire can play another Mask of a Thousand Faces.

c.f. www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/59029-multiple-mask-of-a-thousand-faces

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 11:27 by Yomyael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, Tadori

More
08 Sep 2020 08:33 - 09 Sep 2020 08:02 #100712 by lip
1. From [LSJ 20010803] , I'd say yes, you can "be blocked" and play Mask.

2. From previous ruling and [LSJ 20090106] , I'd conclude (but this may need an RD confirmation) than, yes, you can trigger both Aching Beauty.
After further research, you cannot play Mask if you used the effect of Aching Beauty [LSJ 20030520]

3. Still from [LSJ 20010803] , you can play Venenation before and after the Mask.

4. Yes, as Yomyael pointed out, cf. [ANK 20200515] . Although if you play it with the first vampire (original actor), I'd say you cannot trigger the same Aching Beauty again, as it has already been triggered.

Do not hesitate to check the rulings page for Mask. The links direct you to the official rulings, and sometimes you can find more precise answers there that the current wording does not reflect completely. Please point it out if you think a ruling is missing or a rewording could be in order.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2020 08:02 by lip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tadori

More
08 Sep 2020 11:14 #100714 by Tadori

2. From previous ruling and [LSJ 20090106] , I'd conclude (but this may need an RD confirmation) than, yes, you can trigger both Aching Beauty.
r.

I think situation in LSJ is different, in the answer minion is still attempting to block,
Remi stated that action is successfully blocked and after that, mask is played.

@Ankha can you take a look.

More
08 Sep 2020 12:53 #100715 by Timo

r.

I think situation in LSJ is different, in the answer minion is still attempting to block,
Remi stated that action is successfully blocked and after that, mask is played.

@Ankha can you take a look.

Actual card text of aching beauty :
Name: Aching Beauty
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, KoT:U, FB:PTo3]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador
Cost: 2 pool
Put this card on any Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the blocking minion's controller burns 1 pool before block resolution.

Actually, it states that the pool is paid when the toreador is blocked so each aching beauty on each blocked toreador would trigger.

(I may be wrong but LSj answer seems pretty straightforward and the difference in situation seems moot regarding cardtext...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds