file Timing of Blood Hunt Following Amaranth

28 Dec 2020 21:24 #101315 by Killiam
Hi,

I observed some disagreement over this, but could not find the official ruling. Sorry if these questions are redundant.

After a vampire plays Amaranth (and presumably gains blood from the diablerie), is there a window of time in which they can play Ritual of the Bitter Rose or Slake the Thirst before the blood hunt is called? Do they first have to survive the blood hunt referendum in order to play those cards?

Here is the text for those cards:

Name: Amaranth
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable by a vampire who can commit diablerie. Only usable when the opposing vampire should go to torpor. Diablerize the opposing vampire instead. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.

Name: Ritual of the Bitter Rose
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Each ready vampire you control gains an amount of blood from the blood bank equal to the amount of blood on a vampire being burned either by diablerie or while in combat with this vampire.

Name: Slake the Thirst
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Discipline: Sanguinus
Only usable after this Blood Brother gains blood.
[san] [COMBAT] Choose another ready Blood Brother of the same circle. The chosen Blood Brother gains the same amount of blood.
[SAN] [ACTION MODIFIER] As above, but usable as an action modifier.

Thanks much,
-Killiam (Bill Troxel)

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2020 21:34 #101316 by Ankha

Hi,

I observed some disagreement over this, but could not find the official ruling. Sorry if these questions are redundant.

After a vampire plays Amaranth (and presumably gains blood from the diablerie), is there a window of time in which they can play Ritual of the Bitter Rose or Slake the Thirst before the blood hunt is called?

Yes. After handling steps 1 to 5 of the diablerie, and before the blood hunt referendum is called.
See www.vekn.net/rulebook#6.5.5.diablerie

"The steps of diablerie are treated as a single unit. No effects can be used to interrupt the diablerie; effects may be played either before or after, as appropriate. After diablerie, a blood hunt may be called on the diablerist."

Do they first have to survive the blood hunt referendum in order to play those cards?

No.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds