file Prerange damage + Taste

14 Jan 2021 22:52 #101434 by yurian
Hello there,

I have a couple questions re combat cards, their effects and interactions.
1- Say vampire A has no blood, and plays Carrion Crows before range. Vamp B plays either Weather Control or Outside the Hourglass. Since damage resolution of the latter 2 cards take place before range, causing vamp A to go to torpor, do the Carrion Crows yet inflict damage on B during strike resolution? Or is it the case that there is no strike step, hence no damage taken by B (other than eventually Weather control)?

2- Besides, if vamp B would be ready at end of combat, can he play Taste of Vitae to gain blood, provided that opposing vampire A lost blood to damage cause of Weather Control (1 blood) / Outside the Hourglass (2 blood)?

Thanks for the response!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2021 03:57 #101435 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Prerange damage + Taste
I'm no Ankha, but I'll try to help:

1- Say vampire A has no blood, and plays Carrion Crows before range. Vamp B plays either Weather Control or Outside the Hourglass. Since damage resolution of the latter 2 cards take place before range, causing vamp A to go to torpor, do the Carrion Crows yet inflict damage on B during strike resolution? Or is it the case that there is no strike step, hence no damage taken by B (other than eventually Weather control)?

That latter (no damage). [PIB 20140324]

2- Besides, if vamp B would be ready at end of combat, can he play Taste of Vitae to gain blood, provided that opposing vampire A lost blood to damage cause of Weather Control (1 blood) / Outside the Hourglass (2 blood)?

He can.
[RTR 20030519] , [LSJ 20031201]

More
15 Jan 2021 13:25 #101437 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Prerange damage + Taste

I'm no Ankha, but I'll try to help:

That latter (no damage). [PIB 20140324]

Correct

He can.
[RTR 20030519] , [LSJ 20031201]

Vamp B can play it even if no blood has been lost, in order to cycle.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds