file Confirmation needed - Theft of Vitae and Carrions Crows

12 Feb 2021 15:53 - 12 Feb 2021 15:57 #101607 by Rémi
Dear All,

My minion plays carrions crows at superior level and then plays theft of vitae at superior level. Stealing blood should be done before healing normal damage by burning blood.

My question comes from the last part of that ruling: [TOM 19950407]

Opposing minion has 1 blood left.
- Can the opposing minion play Hidden Strength not to go to torpor? I mean, is the blood stolen before the opposing minion can even prevent damage from Carrion Crows?
- If the opposing minion can pay it, does it means 1 blood is burnt to pay Hidden Strength, so no blood is stolen. Am I right?

Card Text:
Carrion Crows
Only usable before range is determined. A vampire can play only one Carrion Crows each combat.
[INFERIOR] The opposing minion takes 1R environmental damage each round this combat during normal strike resolution.
[SUPERIOR] As above, but for 2R environmental damage.

Theft of Vitae
[INFERIOR]t Ranged strike: steal 1 blood or life (becoming blood).
[SUPERIOR] Ranged strike: steal 2 blood or life (becoming blood).

Hidden Strength
[INFERIOR] Prevent X+1 damage.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 12 Feb 2021 15:57 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2021 16:31 #101610 by inm8

Dear All,

My minion plays carrions crows at superior level and then plays theft of vitae at superior level. Stealing blood should be done before healing normal damage by burning blood.

- Can the opposing minion play Hidden Strength not to go to torpor? I mean, is the blood stolen before the opposing minion can even prevent damage from Carrion Crows?

The effect of the strike Theft of Vitae is applied in the Strike step (4) before the Damage Resolution (5). The scenario would play out in that the opposing minion would be emptied of blood by the Theft of Vitae and would then be sent to torpor by either taking both of the damage points from the superior Carrion Crows or by taking one damage by preventing one damage of the two with Hidden Strength played at no blood cost as the minion doesn’t have any.

- If the opposing minion can pay it, does it means 1 blood is burnt to pay Hidden Strength, so no blood is stolen. Am I right?

The blood is stolen regardless as it happens before as described above. If there was still the two damage points to handle after the stealing of blood and the opposing minion had at least one remaining blood it would be able to avoid going to torpor by using Hidden Strength at a blood cost of one to prevent the two damage points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
13 Feb 2021 10:55 #101612 by Ankha

Dear All,

The effect of the strike Theft of Vitae is applied in the Strike step (4) before the Damage Resolution (5). The scenario would play out in that the opposing minion would be emptied of blood by the Theft of Vitae and would then be sent to torpor by either taking both of the damage points from the superior Carrion Crows or by taking one damage by preventing one damage of the two with Hidden Strength played at no blood cost as the minion doesn’t have any.

The blood is stolen regardless as it happens before as described above. If there was still the two damage points to handle after the stealing of blood and the opposing minion had at least one remaining blood it would be able to avoid going to torpor by using Hidden Strength at a blood cost of one to prevent the two damage points.

Correct.

This is what the quoted ruling says, by the way: "The blood would be stolen before it was necessary to heal or prevent the damage."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds