file Until The End Vs. During: Art of Love Steals Informant

13 Mar 2021 04:03 - 13 Mar 2021 04:05 #101840 by Killiam
Scenario: It is my turn at a 5-player table and my grand-prey controls an Informant. I play Art of Love to take control of the Informant until the end of the turn. During my turn, the Informant remains ready and no control effects are applied to it other than the text of the two cards in question.

Question: In the next turn (my prey's turn), who has control of the Informant, and did I have a choice in the matter?

It would seem that the Informant should be passed to my predator during my discard phase (according to the text of Informant), presumably breaking the temporary control effect of Art of Love, and that would be the end of it. But if there is no phase in my turn after the discard phase -- in other words, assuming my turn ends during my discard phase -- then I might have the option to order the effects as I please and return control of the Informant to my grand-prey first. That is why I am asking the question.

Thanks!
-Bill (Killiam)

Name: Informant
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Ishtarri
Mortal with 1 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
The Informant cannot act or block. During your unlock phase, any Methuselah who controls a ready Ishtarri may look at your hand. During your discard phase, your predator takes control of the Informant.

Name: The Art of Love
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador antitribu
Master.
Take control of an ally controlled by another Methuselah until the end of your turn.

(Edit: just reinsterted some return characters that vanished after I submitted.)

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson
Last edit: 13 Mar 2021 04:05 by Killiam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2021 09:39 #101841 by Ankha

Scenario: It is my turn at a 5-player table and my grand-prey controls an Informant. I play Art of Love to take control of the Informant until the end of the turn. During my turn, the Informant remains ready and no control effects are applied to it other than the text of the two cards in question.

Question: In the next turn (my prey's turn), who has control of the Informant, and did I have a choice in the matter?

Your predator, and no, you don't have a choice.

It would seem that the Informant should be passed to my predator during my discard phase (according to the text of Informant), presumably breaking the temporary control effect of Art of Love, and that would be the end of it.

Correct.

But if there is no phase in my turn after the discard phase -- in other words, assuming my turn ends during my discard phase

No, your turn ends after your discard phase is over. Any effect that lasts "until the end of your turn" will last after everything that happens during the discard phase.

-- then I might have the option to order the effects as I please and return control of the Informant to my grand-prey first.

No, for the reason above.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, Killiam, beslin igor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds