file Merging and sect changes

15 Mar 2021 14:55 #101852 by Snodig
Probably a question asked before, but I couldn't find a concrete example that matches.

1) If Dylan (ADV) goes Anarch, and then merges with the base version; does the merged vampire become Sabbat or Anarch? In other words, does the text or the game state of the advanced version matter?
2) Would it behave any differently if the base and advanced version were of different sects? For instance, Petaniqua.Dylan
Sabbat: +1 bleed.Dylan (ADV)
Advanced, Sabbat. Red List: Dylan gets +1 stealth when bleeding. +1 strengthInfernal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Snodig
  • Snodig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Methuselah
  • Methuselah
  • Prince of Kristiansund, Norway
More
15 Mar 2021 15:01 #101854 by Legion
Replied by Legion on topic Merging and sect changes
Quote from the rules:
" If the advanced card conflicts with the base card (a different sect, for example), the advanced card has precedence."

I believe it answers the question.

More
15 Mar 2021 15:12 #101855 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Merging and sect changes

Quote from the rules:
" If the advanced card conflicts with the base card (a different sect, for example), the advanced card has precedence."

I believe it answers the question.

Correct. Dylan stays Anarch, since his base version and advanced version share the same sect.
See also
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/GDs-UOjOtUk/m/ClBPx6zTXGcJ

The two versions have the same sect (Camarilla), so the merged copy doesn't
override the base copy. Meaning sect won't change when merged.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
15 Mar 2021 15:22 - 15 Mar 2021 15:37 #101856 by Hobbesgoblin
I am not sure the rulebook text is apliccable here, since all cards and actions that turn a vampire anarch attaches an Anarch Counter or is iattched by itself to the card.
These cards explcitly state that the attached vampire is consided Anarch, and such cards are burned "when this vampire changes sects"

So the question becomes: Is the act of merging a vampire whose copy in play is a different sect then the advanced version a "change of sect" in the rules sense.

my gut instict is, that no, and a vampire with an anarch counter stays anarch after merging, since the sect is a result from an attached card, but clarification would be nice.

edit: aaand I was to slow in typing my answer, and Ankha already commented. ^^"

also further question:
Would that mean, if the sects differ between Base and advanced, the sect woudl change, even if the copy in play changed to a third sect?

i.E: Petaniqua -> go Anarch -> Merge with Petaniqua(adv)
Petaniqua

Petaniqua adv

wich sect does Petaniqua have?
Last edit: 15 Mar 2021 15:37 by Hobbesgoblin.

More
15 Mar 2021 19:06 #101857 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Merging and sect changes

Petaniqua would be Independent.

When merging a vampire it triggers the checking of the sect belonging of the two different card´s text (base vs advance) regardless of the current in-game state of sect belonging. If the sect belonging differs between the two then one is to treat the merging also as a sect changing effect which changes the vampires sect to the sect written on the advance card. Hope this helped to clarify how it works.

More
15 Mar 2021 21:44 #101859 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Merging and sect changes

Petaniqua would be Independent.

When merging a vampire it triggers the checking of the sect belonging of the two different card´s text (base vs advance) regardless of the current in-game state of sect belonging. If the sect belonging differs between the two then one is to treat the merging also as a sect changing effect which changes the vampires sect to the sect written on the advance card. Hope this helped to clarify how it works.

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds