file Several fringe rules questions (and some confirmations)

22 Mar 2021 20:45 #101913 by efialto
Dear all,
Thanks for this great forum, I solved most of my doubts with the Card List of rulings, and the forum itself.
Still, I have some questions and need some confirmations. They have happened during games and we did ad-hoc solutions as we couldn't figure out the right solution. I think most of them were never posted neither are in the Card Lists, but sorry if some of them were already posted and I was unable to find them.
  1. If I have no weapon in hand, can I play a Concealed Weapon (for the sole purpose of replacement?)
  2. If an Assamite with a contract on another minion receives a Derange, what happens? Can she enter combat with the minion? Not until she gets rid of Derange? Or is the contract removed somehow forever? Similar questions arise with Blessing of the Beast and other cards that say "This Assamite", "This Ahrimane", etc.
  3. If I play a Spirit Marionette on a minion with an Unburdening the Bestial Soul, can my next action be done with another minion before returning the marionetted minion? (e.g. for purposes of having her votes on a diablerie)
  4. Just to clarify the window for actions out of your turn (such as Dreams of the Sphinx, Heidelberg Castle, Enkil Cog or Hannibal ADV). As I understand, for each phase, the current's turn metuselah has preference for every action she wants, and when she ceases, there's a window for each other metuselah, starting with the prey and ending with predator? After such windows, the turn's metuselah cannot do more actions in that phase, right?
  5. Additional combats after the initial one are considered part of the action, right? I mean, if I play Bum's Rush and then Psyche! when combat ends, I cannot replace Bum's Rush for the second combat, right?
  6. Hunt actions can be repeated as much as you like, right? This (and equip with different equipments) are the only non-NRA complain actions?
Thanks a lot!
Rodrigo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 21:29 #101915 by Ankha

Dear all,
Thanks for this great forum, I solved most of my doubts with the Card List of rulings, and the forum itself.
Still, I have some questions and need some confirmations. They have happened during games and we did ad-hoc solutions as we couldn't figure out the right solution. I think most of them were never posted neither are in the Card Lists, but sorry if some of them were already posted and I was unable to find them.
  1. If I have no weapon in hand, can I play a Concealed Weapon (for the sole purpose of replacement?)

No.

[*]If an Assamite with a contract on another minion receives a Derange, what happens? Can she enter combat with the minion? Not until she gets rid of Derange? Or is the contract removed somehow forever? Similar questions arise with Blessing of the Beast and other cards that say "This Assamite", "This Ahrimane", etc.

Assuming the contract says "this Assamite", the vampire won't be able to use it as long as they are not of the right clan.

[*]If I play a Spirit Marionette on a minion with an Unburdening the Bestial Soul, can my next action be done with another minion before returning the marionetted minion? (e.g. for purposes of having her votes on a diablerie)

The vampire must bleed but cannot perform actions, so he or she is "stuck". You can do an action with another minion (a diablerie in your example), and return the vampire at the end of the action.

[*]Just to clarify the window for actions out of your turn (such as Dreams of the Sphinx, Heidelberg Castle, Enkil Cog or Hannibal ADV). As I understand, for each phase, the current's turn metuselah has preference for every action she wants, and when she ceases, there's a window for each other metuselah

Yes.

, starting with the prey and ending with predator?

It depends. If it's an undirected action, order is : prey, predator, then the rest of the table in clockwise order.
If it's directed, it's the target(s) in clockwise order, then the rest of the table in clockwise order.
Otherwise, the other Methuselahs in clockwise order.

After such windows, the turn's metuselah cannot do more actions in that phase, right?

No. The sequencing is detailed in the rulebook p. 8
"Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah
again gets the opportunity to use the next card or effect."

[*]Additional combats after the initial one are considered part of the action, right? I mean, if I play Bum's Rush and then Psyche! when combat ends, I cannot replace Bum's Rush for the second combat, right?

Correct. Combats are part of the action.

[*]Hunt actions can be repeated as much as you like, right? This (and equip with different equipments) are the only non-NRA complain actions?

The cardless action, yes. Otherwise, it's submitted to the NRA.
Same goes on with diablerie, rescue from torpor, leave torpor... (see rulebook p.20).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: efialto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds