file Burning Byzar during combat

22 Apr 2021 17:31 #102102 by Rémi
Dear all,

Scenario 1:
My vampire plays Amaranth on Byzar. His own ability make the diablerie unsuccessflul.
Can my vampire play various copies of Amaranth so that Byzar gets many Burn Counters in only 1 combat and maybe burn at the end?

Scenario 2 :
Byzar has no blood and receive 3 agravated damages.
I understand the following:
=> the first aggraveted damage sends Byzar to torpor.
=> the second aggraveted damage should burn him so gets a Burn Torken instead.
=> What happen with the thrid aggravated damage? I would say Byzar is still without any blood so he has to burn. So he gets one more Burn Counter.
Am I right?

Card Texts:
Name: Byzar
Cardtype: Vampire
Sabbat: If Byzar would be burned, {instead} put 1 burn counter on him and move him to torpor{}. If he has 3 burn counters, remove him from the game. +1 stealth.

Name: Amaranth
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable by a vampire who can commit diablerie. Only usable when the opposing vampire should go to torpor. Diablerize the opposing vampire instead. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2021 12:37 #102121 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Burning Byzar during combat
I would hazard a guess, that once Byzar's ability kicks in first time, he is no longer in combat and going to torpor, but rather at torpor region itself and can no longer be target of further combat cards. This of course leads to another question if any other end of round combat cards (e.g. taste of vitae) can still be played.
But let's see what Vincent and other rules expert say.

More
24 Apr 2021 08:29 #102140 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Burning Byzar during combat

Dear all,

Scenario 1:
My vampire plays Amaranth on Byzar. His own ability make the diablerie unsuccessflul.
Can my vampire play various copies of Amaranth so that Byzar gets many Burn Counters in only 1 combat and maybe burn at the end?

Yes. Amaranth uses a replacement effect to diablerize a vampire instead of letting go to torpor.
Then Byzar uses a replacement effect to move him to torpor instead of being burned.
However, going to torpor / not ready / being wounded etc. are all synonyms (www.vekn.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15071#p174247) and all qualify for Amaranth. Byzar being wounded (he is in torpor), you can play another Amaranth to diablerize him.
Byzar's ability doesn't end combat right away. You could play Taste of Vitae for instance after his ability has triggered.

Scenario 2 :
Byzar has no blood and receive 3 agravated damages.
I understand the following:
=> the first aggraveted damage sends Byzar to torpor.
=> the second aggraveted damage should burn him so gets a Burn Torken instead.
=> What happen with the thrid aggravated damage? I would say Byzar is still without any blood so he has to burn. So he gets one more Burn Counter.
Am I right?

No. Extra damage is wasted.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds