file Resilient Mind vs. Anesthetic Touch

26 May 2021 10:04 #102328 by Hobbesgoblin
How do Resilient Mind and Anesthetic Touch [obe/OBE] interact?
Is only the damage prevented or also the combat ends?
Resilient Mind

Anesthetic Touch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2021 11:37 #102330 by inm8
Would it "cancel" the strike all together and a new one could be played (same or different card) or does it mean that the strike is lost? Is cost payed if any for the canceled card?

I think the strike is lost and the cost if any is paid because it is played and not actually canceled, its the effect of the card that is ignored/prevented much like a S:Dodge would work against a strike or strike effect.

More
26 May 2021 11:58 - 26 May 2021 11:59 #102331 by Yomyael
Comparing the wording of the card to the definition of a strike: dodge in the rulebook (A dodge strike deals no damage, but it protects the dodging minion and their possessions from the effects of the opposing strike), one can see that it is worded almost exactly the same.

So I guess the ruling "A dodge won't prevent combat from ending after strike resolution. [LSJ 20011210‑2]" for Anesthetic Touch applies here as well, since the end combat effect is not an effect applied to the minion with Resilient Mind.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 26 May 2021 11:59 by Yomyael.

More
26 May 2021 21:19 #102334 by lip
I would have said the same. Luckily more precise rulings do exist: groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/Twf8PskwGpg/m/m_RAzoCc9B8J

So yes, Yomyael got that right.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds