file Rules Issues from the Atlantic Cup

08 Jun 2021 00:44 #102411 by kschaefer
From my standpoint as a judge, the Atlantic Cup ran very smoothly overall.  Phoenix's archon bot made managing the event easy.  There were only two rules issues that occurred that I'd like to bring up here for confirmation and/or discussion.

First:
Attempting to play Liquidation with less than 7 cards in the library.  Per previous rulings, I disallowed this action.  However at 2019 Origins, I believe this question arose and I could not find any further evidence of a subsequent ruling after that event.  There was some discussion that the remaining cards would be burned, but the pool would not be gained.  I would appreciate a confirmation of the LSJ ruling .

Liquidation
Warning: Spoiler!

Second:
This is only an issue possible in an online event.  There was a disconnect after the last save and after Nicomedes special was used.  I had the player grab all of the cards that were played before the disconnect (and after the use of the special), put everything else into the library, shuffle, and draw the remaining cards.  This seemed like the fairest way to handle the problem.  The played cards were public knowledge and everyone can agree those were drawn.  As for everything else, a new random draw prevents bad recollection of the hand and simply puts new random cards in place of the old random cards (from the first draw prior to the disconnect).

Nicomedes
Warning: Spoiler!

Any thoughts, advice, or recommendations on how to improve that approach for future online events or is that good enough?
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2021 04:20 #102412 by Lönkka

Phoenix's archon bot made managing the event easy.

Archon bot! :o

Inquisitive minds want to know more!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Jun 2021 13:00 #102420 by lip
You had to be there :-)

Basically a bot that handles registration, seating, results reports and all that. Plus a bunch of useful commands for the judges.

It is still very much a beta - I have to polish and streamline it a bit before I make it public and you can all use it in your Discord servers. In a few weeks hopefully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased, Rémi

More
08 Jun 2021 13:57 #102424 by Ankha

Attempting to play Liquidation with less than 7 cards in the library.  Per previous rulings, I disallowed this action.

Correct. It's a cost. You cannot play the card if you cannot pay the cost.

However at 2019 Origins, I believe this question arose and I could not find any further evidence of a subsequent ruling after that event.

It still stands.

There was some discussion that the remaining cards would be burned, but the pool would not be gained.

Incorrect.

I would appreciate a confirmation of the LSJ ruling .

It is confirmed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

More
09 Jun 2021 08:52 #102438 by Lönkka

Basically a bot that handles registration, seating, results reports and all that. Plus a bunch of useful commands for the judges.

It is still very much a beta - I have to polish and streamline it a bit before I make it public and you can all use it in your Discord servers. In a few weeks hopefully.

Awesome, sounds just great!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds