file When a Sect isn't specified

18 Jun 2021 00:04 #102495 by gaosuwind

Hey folks, I'm completely new to VTES so I apologize if these questions are trivial or if they've already been asked in this forum (I tried finding an answer online, but wasn't able to). Also, let me know if I should be posting this in another topic.

1. I bought a full set of Jyhad vampires and would like to use them with some newer cards. The vampires from Jyhad don't have a sect written on their cards. I looked up the errata for many of them and saw they were Camarilla. Does anyone know if all the Jyhad vampires are Camarilla? It would save me from looking up each one.

2. Which year did sects start to get printed on cards? After that year, does that mean when a sect isn't specified for a vampire, that vampire is an Independent vampire?

3. If a vampire has a title only available to a certain sect but does not have that sect written on the card, can it be assumed that vampire is of that sect? I know I can look at errata, but in the history of VTES, are there any vampires that have the prince title for instance, but is not Camarilla? I know that only Camarilla vampires can hold that title, but whenever cards contradict the rules, the cards take precedence.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 06:18 #102499 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic When a Sect isn't specified
1.) All vampires in the Jyhad set are Camarilla vampires. Back then, it was the only sect in the game.

2.) Starting from the Dark Sovereigns expansion 1995 Independents were introduced. These were called "non-camarilla" back then. In that set, no printed sect still meant being in the Camarilla. The same applies to the set Ancient Hearts. Starting with Final Nights in 2001 all vampires had a printed sect.

3.) There shouldn't be a vampire without sect printed on that isn't Camarilla. So being a prince with not having printed Camarilla on the card means the vampire is in the Camarilla.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
18 Jun 2021 19:30 #102502 by gaosuwind
Perfect, thank you for the detailed response!

More
20 Jun 2021 07:50 #102515 by lip
Replied by lip on topic When a Sect isn't specified
Also, many old cards have seen their text updated. When in doubt, check the codex: codex-of-the-damned.org

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds